[SOLVED] Is there somthing wrong with my CPU ?

Jun 11, 2019
i have a ryzen 7 2700 8 core and a rtx 2070 and i average around 150 fps on games like csgo. I need to know if there something wrong with my CPU?

Solution
Np. Long as temps are fine and cpu is running at normal speeds / not throttling, can be confident, if there are performance issues it'll be elsewhere.

Try in Windows power plans, use high performance or balanced/Ryzen balanced with a minimum processor state set to 8%.

And make sure motherboard chipset drivers are installed from your motherboards website.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can a be a problem but depends on a few things

List specs;
Cpu
Motherboard
Ram
Hdd/ssd
Psu
Windows
resolution/Hz

---

How are you monitoring cpu usage? Are you averaging by thread or are you monitoring total cpu usage in Msi Afterburner?

What are temps like and cpu speed while playing?

Are experiencing degrade in performance?

---
How to setup Msi Afterburner osd

Jun 11, 2019
Can a be a problem but depends on a few things

List specs;
Cpu
Motherboard
Ram
Hdd/ssd
Psu
Windows
resolution/Hz

---

How are you monitoring cpu usage? Are you averaging by thread or are you monitoring total cpu usage in Msi Afterburner?

What are temps like and cpu speed while playing?

Are experiencing degrade in performance?

---
How to setup Msi Afterburner osd
I am using msi after burner the temps are 35 - 40 c and im getting highs and lows of 100 - 40 fps My specs are - cpu: Ryzen 7 2700, Gpu: geforce rtx 2070, motherboard: Asrock B450M PRO 4, im using both an ssd: Burst ssd 240 and a hdd:seagate barracuda 1tb my powersupply is a thermaltake smartseries 700w and resolution 1920x1080 with 144hrtz

Jun 11, 2019
How exactly are you monitoring cpu usage? Just by looking at each thread?

There's an additional stat in Msi Afterburner called cpu usage with a number. Select this field to see combined cpu usage.
i am using msi afterburner and i am using the stat and im averaging 20-30 im guessing

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I thought the 8-core/16 thread CPU owners were proud of lower cpu usage in games just two years ago?

Now it's a problem? :)

Perhaps your CPU is simply easily saturating your GPU (GTX1060 or below?) at whatever res/refresh rate you are playing at?

Yeah i hinted toward that. That's why i wanted to see combined usage but it looks like in first MSI Aft picture combined is quite low it seems. Hopefully rest of the stats can tell a story whether the cpu is being restricted by power plans or something else. Thermals appear to be fine.

Jun 11, 2019
I thought the 8-core/16 thread CPU owners were proud of lower cpu usage in games just two years ago?

Now it's a problem? :)

Perhaps your CPU is simply easily saturating your GPU (GTX1060 or below?) at whatever res/refresh rate you are playing at?
well i dont know all that about computers so i dont know how much the usage should be on thats why im asking

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Suppose im not used to seeing low combined usage across a 16 thread processor. Your cpu speed and fps seem good.

In Nvidia CP under 3d manager set power management mode to prefer maximum performance, see how you go.

Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise games?

Jun 11, 2019
Suppose im not used to seeing low combined usage across a 16 thread processor. Your cpu speed and fps seem good.

In Nvidia CP under 3d manager set power management mode to prefer maximum performance, see how you go.

Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise games?
Yea i do and i already set to prefer maximum preformance
But you sure my cpu seems fine because ive seen benchmarks on different games ive had and they get way higher fps for example csgo

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Game engines differ and csgo is a two thread game.

Check Geforce Experience isnt setting graphics too high or using too much antialiasing/dsr. There is a quality slider in GE but I prefer not use GE to optimise.

I believe your cpu is fine. It's a matter of software/tweaks to play around with. Try searching specific tweak guides and suggestions for the games you play.

Jun 11, 2019
Game engines differ and csgo is a two thread game.

Check Geforce Experience isnt setting graphics too high or using too much antialiasing/dsr. There is a quality slider in GE but I prefer not use GE to optimise.

I believe your cpu is fine. It's a matter of software/tweaks to play around with. Try searching specific tweak guides and suggestions for the games you play.
Alr man thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Np. Long as temps are fine and cpu is running at normal speeds / not throttling, can be confident, if there are performance issues it'll be elsewhere.

Try in Windows power plans, use high performance or balanced/Ryzen balanced with a minimum processor state set to 8%.

And make sure motherboard chipset drivers are installed from your motherboards website.

Solution