Question Is there way for me to format a used but known to work HDD?

DexterQ

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019
I wanted to ask if I can just plop my old HDD which also ran Windows 7 Ultimate, the same as my current OS right now. Will I have to do some tinkering? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Plop it where? To do what? Are you wanting to wipe a HDD to use as an additional storage device? Or, do you want to re-format the HDD to reinstall Windows? Or, do you want to transplant the HDD into a new config and have it boot up?

DexterQ

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019
Plop it where? To do what? Are you wanting to wipe a HDD to use as an additional storage device? Or, do you want to re-format the HDD to reinstall Windows? Or, do you want to transplant the HDD into a new config and have it boot up?

To get more storage, I'd like to wipe it first so I can have secondary storage to go along with my main HDD which has the windows that I use in it.

VADemon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
To get more storage, I'd like to wipe it first so I can have secondary storage to go along with my main HDD which has the windows that I use in it.
Just connect the drive and it should be done! The drive will be visible under a separate letter in Windows and you can continue from there. BIOS shouldn't try to boot from the newly added drive, but if it somehow does or booting fails, you'll need to select the right drive in BIOS to boot from (boot priority settings).