Question Is there way manually control iGPU + dGPU power states?

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
So i recently came back from linux due to situations pretty much forcing me over there and i am already in troubles, there is no good and coherent way to control power states of those GPUs.
Am on thihnkpad e580 and with no output rx550 and I5 8250U, on linux i could manually control power states and clocks of my dedicated RX very easily, just few clicks, but on windows i seem to be out of options. the IGPU maybe just ondemand mode would be nice but that requires 3rd party too since windows doesnt offer that stuff.
why i want it? sometimes i just decide for that game or for that program i will switch the devices to be on low power mode and run slower for my own reasons, for CPU itself i got QuickCPU so now i just need that for the GPUs, and no the crimson adrenaline or however that amd panel isnt working for that for this very GPU.

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Ah so I found out that laptops can not use wattman because it could overheat your laptop. Your options are to try something like Msi Afterburner to try and set control of your gpu.
MSI doesnt work and only lets me to overclock not really go down, even when its going on full blast it will not go over 80Cs, i have good reasons for control, mostly to put it down when i wanna

TRENDING THREADS