[SOLVED] Is thermaltake a reputable brand?

Gatesaverツ

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
So heya folks, i am planning on building a pc and im wondering if Thermaltake is a good brand and if their Smart RGB series really are good or to just go with Corsair.

Solution
As for PSUs they're a mixed bag. They make a ton of trash as well as some good units.

The generic SMART series PSUs are complete trash.
The Smart RGB ones however are fine. Personally I'd opt for the Corsair CX every day of the week, however the ThermalTake Toughpower Grand are excellent and the Smart PRO RGB are decent.

Unfortunately in PSUs, a brand is never really good enough to justify a purchase. Seasonic and Corsair make a ton of great units. But Thermaltake, EVGA, Cooler Master etc. still make a ton of trash too, the important bit is the specific model of PSU you are buying :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
As for PSUs they're a mixed bag. They make a ton of trash as well as some good units.

The Smart RGB ones however are fine. Personally I'd opt for the Corsair CX every day of the week, however the ThermalTake Toughpower Grand are excellent and the Smart PRO RGB are decent.

Unfortunately in PSUs, a brand is never really good enough to justify a purchase. Seasonic and Corsair make a ton of great units. But Thermaltake, EVGA, Cooler Master etc. still make a ton of trash too, the important bit is the specific model of PSU you are buying :)

Solution

Gatesaverツ

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019

Is the corsair CX 450/550 good?

Thermaltake makes many units, consiting of bad and good models. Same for coolermaster, evga, and rosewill.

Here are a few of the bad ones bad ones:
TT Litepower
TT TR2
TT Smart/Smart RGB 80+ white
TT Berlin

A few of the good ones:
TT Toughpower Grand Gold
TT Toughpower Grand Platinum

Overall, I avoid thermaltake as most are not very good and the ones that are good are usually overpriced.

Is the corsair CX 450/550 good?
Superior to many Thermaltake units. Pretty good in general.