Question is thermaltake contact 9 good enough ?

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
my CPU temp reaches 90 degrees and because CPU coolers in Egypt are way overpriced and many coolers out of stock i don't want to pay alot of money , the thermalake contact 9 would cost me 30$ , meanwhile going with ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo or DEEP COOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 would cost me around 90$ because I have to get them from abroad , so is thermaltake would do the job ? i don't want huge improvements ,just playing and not causing damage to the cpu , and also save some money

my specs:
b560m arous pro motherboard
coole master cmp 500 case
8*2 GB Kingston fury ram
RX 6600 sapphire pulse gpu
intel i5 11400 cpu
room temp is about 28 degrees
BIOS version : LLC. F2, 1,21,2021

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
because cpu coolers here are way overpriced
Where is here ?

Make and model of your motherboard and the rams you're working with? Also, just for the sake of relevance, what sort of ambient room air temps are you dealing with and what is your motherboard's BIOS version at this moment of time?

Reactions: Abdullah127

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
because cpu coolers here are way overpriced
Where is here ?

Make and model of your motherboard and the rams you're working with? Also, just for the sake of relevance, what sort of ambient room air temps are you dealing with and what is your motherboard's BIOS version at this moment of time?
Alright

Lutfij

Titan
Alright, now to figure out the make and model of your motherboard.

my CPU temp reaches 90 degrees
Are you working with the stock Intel cooler?

Take the side panel of your case, if the temps are not as high as you've stated in your initial post, then the case is your issue, it doesn't have adequate airflow.

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Alright, now to figure out the make and model of your motherboard.

my CPU temp reaches 90 degrees
Are you working with the stock Intel cooler?

Take the side panel of your case, if the temps are not as high as you've stated in your initial post, then the case is your issue, it doesn't have adequate airflow.
oh forgot to add the motherboard its b560m arous pro motherboard, im currently using the stock cooler

the case probably bad but also the stock cooler probably making it worse, but if that the issue wouldn't the cpu cooler would fix the issue ?

Last edited:

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
to any one who have a similar issue ,i bought the cooler and the results were good actually , the temp dropped from 85 to 65 while gaming .. just a quick note, not sure if the stock cooler was installed correctly
also if someone has same motherboard as me (b560m arous pro) then you will need to take off the m.2 heatsink so you can install the cooler which wasn't an easy step at all.