[SOLVED] Is Thermaltake Litepower 650W enough for Sapphire R9 290X tri x?

IHsojib

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
This 650watt model of psu,
https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001860
I am confused should I buy this one or not. The official page says this series of psu is for energy efficient PC systems. And I didn't find any 80 plus certification on this psu. My pc specs:
Intel Core i5-4440 (4th gen)
8 gb DDR3 ram
5 (120mm) led fans
120GB ssd
1TB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte H81m-S2PV motherboard

plz someone help me....this is very cheapest 650watt psu of thermaltake. should I buy this psu??

Skwere

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
You should use pcpartpicker.com and put all your parts there and it will tell you how much watts it will need. Personally i would buy the cheapest 80+ bronze certified power supply because you should go cheap on the psu.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I think Skwere meant you should NOT go cheap on the PSU. The PSU represents the heart of your system and should be of good quality.

Better PSUs are available from Seasonic, EVGA, and some Corsair product lines, they tend to be more expensive as well.

Skwere

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
I think Skwere meant you should NOT go cheap on the PSU. The PSU represents the heart of your system and should be of good quality.

Better PSUs are available from Seasonic, EVGA, and some Corsair product lines, they tend to be more expensive as well.
Well yeah i will buy the cheapest one but from a reputable and reliable brand.

IHsojib

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
thanks guys.my budget is not so much thats why i want to buy a cheap psu..that thermaltake lite power 650w(about 50$) is cheaper than corsair vs650(about 65$)....corsair has 80plus white but this thermaltake psu has no certification with this model thats troubling me...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Note, no one has endorsed the TT or the Corsair VS discussed earlier. Neither is very good and are average, at best. However, your budget and product availability are major considerations.

The proposed PSUs will meet the need. Let your budget be your guide.

IHsojib

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Note, no one has endorsed the TT or the Corsair VS discussed earlier. Neither is very good and are average, at best. However, your budget and product availability are major considerations.

The proposed PSUs will meet the need. Let your budget be your guide.
thanks brother...the TT litepower 650watt has 70% efficiency and i will get around 530-550watt max..otherhand if i buy corsairs 650watt i will get 80 plus white certification with 650watt continous power...just that is little bit costly...overall all depends with my price tag.....lets see...