[SOLVED] Is Thermaltake TR2 GOLD 600w is safe for Galax Geforce RTX 2060 Super?

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, I am planning to buy a new GPU and most probably that will be Galax Geforce RTX 2060 Super. Do I need to change my existing PSU for that GPU?
Currently my system is equipped with the following components:

Processor: 9th Gen Core i7- 9700k (3.6 to 4.9 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus TUF B365M-Plus Gaming
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4 3200 BUS (4 stick, Total 64 GB)
SSD: 240 GB
HDD: 3 x 1 TB WD Blue ( Not sure about the RPM, bought those 4 years back)
Optical Drive: DVD Writer
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 RED Air CPU Cooler
Casing Cooling Fan: 5 x Deepcool RF 120 R Red LED Casing Cooling Fan
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 GOLD 600w

Solution
As per newegg.com recommended wattage is 514.
seasonic.com is saying 511.
And coolermaster.com is saying 469.
Then your current PSU should be just fine. If for some reason the computer starts to shut off randomly under load, dont be alarmed, the PSU is the issue but I doubt it will shut down if thats the wattage estimation. You should be completely fine with that power supply. Glad I could help!
Hi, I am planning to buy a new GPU and most probably that will be Galax Geforce RTX 2060 Super. Do I need to change my existing PSU for that GPU?
Currently my system is equipped with the following components:

Processor: 9th Gen Core i7- 9700k (3.6 to 4.9 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus TUF B365M-Plus Gaming
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4 3200 BUS (4 stick, Total 64 GB)
SSD: 240 GB
HDD: 3 x 1 TB WD Blue ( Not sure about the RPM, bought those 4 years back)
Optical Drive: DVD Writer
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 RED Air CPU Cooler
Casing Cooling Fan: 5 x Deepcool RF 120 R Red LED Casing Cooling Fan
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 GOLD 600w
Because of your DVD drive, 3 HDDs, and i7, its probably a good idea to upgrade. Put your parts into a few PC wattage estimators. Youre going to want a PSU with at least 50 more watts than the estimate. Whats your current card btw?

Reactions: Rifat3605
Jul 7, 2020
Because of your DVD drive, 3 HDDs, and i7, its probably a good idea to upgrade. Put your parts into a few PC wattage estimators. Youre going to want a PSU with at least 50 more watts than the estimate. Whats your current card btw?
Thanks for your reply. Currently using Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti expedition 4GB GDDR5.

Jul 7, 2020
Okay, so the 2060 Super has a 100 watt higher usage than the 1050 ti. I think you may need a PSU upgrade unfortunately but I also dont know the TDPs of all your drives and stuff which is why I recommended the estimators.

Then your current PSU should be just fine. If for some reason the computer starts to shut off randomly under load, dont be alarmed, the PSU is the issue but I doubt it will shut down if thats the wattage estimation. You should be completely fine with that power supply. Glad I could help!

Reactions: Rifat3605
Solution