[SOLVED] Is Thermaltek LitePower 550w PSU enough to run XFX RX 580 8GB GTRS Crimson Edition?

Aug 7, 2019
Hello,
I have been using a Thermaltek Litepower 550w PSU for about more than 3 years without an issu. Now i'm about to buy an XFX RX 580 *GB GTRS Crimson Edition. Will it run in this PSU without any issue?
Also, I wan t to know about the temperature performance of the GPU XFX RX 580 8GB Crimson Edition. Is this GPU has a noticable overheating issue?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Yes it will be enough to run it.

However - the downfall is the Litepower series are very poor quality. So it's not a unit I would personally use with a newer GPU. So the "without issue" is the bit you can never guarantee, poor quality power supplies can cause all manner of problems once they start malfunctioning.

Is this GPU has a noticable overheating issue?
This is largely dependant on your local environment and system. It can easily sit around 70/75 degrees under heavier loads, depending on your ambient temps.

Regardless, the PSU is not good quality, and the last thing we'd want you to do is buy a new GPU and have your original PSU damage it or cause instability.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Yes it will be enough to run it.

However - the downfall is the Litepower series are very poor quality. So it's not a unit I would personally use with a newer GPU. So the "without issue" is the bit you can never guarantee, poor quality power supplies can cause all manner of problems once they start malfunctioning.

Is this GPU has a noticable overheating issue?
This is largely dependant on your local environment and system. It can easily sit around 70/75 degrees under heavier loads, depending on your ambient temps.

Regardless, the PSU is not good quality, and the last thing we'd want you to do is buy a new GPU and have your original PSU damage it or cause instability.

Reactions: dracarys_the_gamer
Solution