Is this 250$ system good for gaming?

GTHell

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
My friend offer me this:
Intel® Core™ i3-6100 Processor
ASROCK H170 Performance/Hyper SOCKET: 1151 CPU : 6th Generation (Skylake)
18 GB of ram (Gaming Rams)

This is 250$. I don't know if it worth because it's a used system. He built it in February.

Also, He sold his 8 months old 250$ GTX 960 to me for only 150$ and it work great.

Should I build my own system of buy his system?

My knowledge on Motherboard and Ram isn't great. I need some help.

Solution

I don't know how valuable it can be 16gb of ram for that system is about $60. You can't run anything faster than 2133 mhz.

With the Ram $250 is a stretch, without the RAM, I wouldn't give him more than $180 for it.

GTHell

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
I'm getting the feeling that he want to rip me off too.
On the other thread people say that a used GTX 960 is only 100$. I don't mind that because it's hard to buy online product in here.

Can you help me with one more thing?
Can you help me build a reasonable system for only 250$? I only need CPU + MOBO + RAM.

This page is the biggest provider in my location: http://www.chantracomputer.com/desktopsystem.html

Note that they also more expensive than the one you find on the Amazon.

GTHell

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
As I remember that he said that his RAM is more valuable than CPU + MOBO and might sell me only MOBO + CPU. I should've check it brand.

Anyway, It's wise to buy new or buy his system. I will check the RAM and see it price.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I don't know how valuable it can be 16gb of ram for that system is about $60. You can't run anything faster than 2133 mhz.

With the Ram $250 is a stretch, without the RAM, I wouldn't give him more than $180 for it.

Solution