Is This a 10.1-inch Galaxy Tab Prototype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problems with these is the weak cpu even for the os and I have tried the x86 version which is tiny. Second is storage despite how small the os is and the app that are usually less than 1mb in size but multimedia content like movies that eat it up quickly. Then ram 128 to 256mb of ram is to small even for this os when one factors in apps so 512mb to 1gb would do wonders performance wise. The screen size and weight is just right for these tablets.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
it's really awesome. can't argue the features of it. just don't answer it like a normal phone because... people will laugh at you.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]halodude23[/nom]Looks like an Ipad... but bigger[/citation]
Like it or hate it, iPad is the most successful tablet device ever, and the market leader by an enormous margin. That fact alone means that all the me-too manufacturers are going to emulate their design. "Stick with what works" kind of a thing. Only once they've established themselves will they try and develop unique designs. Look a Lexus. When toyota first started the Lexus brand in the US, the cars were so boring, so bland, so unoriginal. They copied styling queues from their upmarket competition and didn't get very creative at all. Now that it's an established brand, they're developing their own identity and going their own way. Every industry does this.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]10 inches is too much for me to handle![/citation]
Start out with 7 inches and slowly work your way up.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
One unfortunate thing I heard is that at first, the Galaxy tab is coming out without the Super AMOLED display found in the Galaxy S phone. Instead it will be some crappy low quality display. Until that tab get the super AMOLED and Samsung definitely resolves their GPS issues, their smart phone and tablet phones are a no go.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Like it or hate it, iPad is the most successful tablet device ever, and the market leader by an enormous margin. That fact alone means that all the me-too manufacturers are going to emulate their design.[/citation]

Bullshit. As they didn't invent tablets, all "Apple's design" comes down to is:

1) lack of expansion slots
2) draconian restrictions
3) being forced to used crippleware from Apple also on PC to connect to those things

I don't see much of that in devices by other manufacturers.
There is currently no good OS for them, as product is relatively new, and that's it.

Most of the tech savy customers don't even consider devices from Apple for obvious, never mentioned in reviews, reasons.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]Start out with 7 inches and slowly work your way up.[/citation]
one day, you may get as far as i have. proud handler of a 21.6 incher

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
How do you stop it from falling out of your hands ? or any pad device from falling out of your hands?

PS> With the strong normal daily sunlight at the beach how can you see anything on this or a iPad ?
It is bad enough to see on crazy pumpkin day life news reporters saying Apple please fix the readability in normal outside env. for iPad.
Also my sun glasses gets scratched by sand somehow ending up on a cleanly washed tumble dried beach towel so how easily does this things / iPad screen gets scratched ?

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]The apparent specs suck for something that's 2-3 years away, and it looks to long, the aspect ratio could use some tweaking[/citation]

Samsung is about to release one in +/-Jan 2011 where is this 2-3 years coming from ?
The one with the flexible super amoled screen, surely you guys read some tech websites and keep up with old tech news.

Every one of the manufacturers is waiting for "Android 3" tablet version not ( Android 3 "2.3 gingerbread rebranded" ) mobile phone edition.

Some other 10" examples:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2627&c=sharp_galapagos_10.8_media_tablet
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2595&c=archos_101_internet_tablet_16gb
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2609&c=interpad_10_home_edition
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2290&c=notion_ink_adam_variant_a_32gb
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2627&c=sharp_galapagos_10.8_media_tablet

Man I love it when news gets removed from the internet like the 10" Samsung tablet and it's release dates, who would have though Apple has so much power over Samsung and Apple's rebranded Samsung 10" "Apple 10inch iPad".

Viva no freedom of the press take down order crap.
Damn tired of having to "save page as" for each news article on a separate hd to prevent the lost news items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS