Anthony Platis

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
Patriot Viper Steel 16GB DDR4 4400 MHz RAM Dual Module Kit

Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro CPU Cooler

Intel Core i7-10700K

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra

Total Price: 860 euros

But i will have a gtx 1050 2gb gaming x gpu until i buy an rtx 3080 will i have more fps than my current build ?

MSI Z170A Gaming M5
I5 6600 NON K
CORSAIR 2900MHZ

Solution
Once no longer majorly limited by the GPU, the 10700K is certainly capable of doubling/tripling framerates. Even with the GTX1050, a substantial improvement in minimum FPS could be expected as you would no longer be 'core/thread' challenged by the i5-6600...which is certainly challenged these days...; but, once you have the 3080, average/min FPS would certainly likely be tripled....

(No certainty that the Dark Rock air cooler will handle the 10700K at high-all core turbos, so, you can see how happy you are with frame rates at 'stock clocks' first before experimenting with trying to enable MCE, etc...(large differences in dissipated heat at all-core 4.6 GHz vs. 5 GHz...; if you've not purchased the Dark Rock, I'd look instead at a...
Once no longer majorly limited by the GPU, the 10700K is certainly capable of doubling/tripling framerates. Even with the GTX1050, a substantial improvement in minimum FPS could be expected as you would no longer be 'core/thread' challenged by the i5-6600...which is certainly challenged these days...; but, once you have the 3080, average/min FPS would certainly likely be tripled....

(No certainty that the Dark Rock air cooler will handle the 10700K at high-all core turbos, so, you can see how happy you are with frame rates at 'stock clocks' first before experimenting with trying to enable MCE, etc...(large differences in dissipated heat at all-core 4.6 GHz vs. 5 GHz...; if you've not purchased the Dark Rock, I'd look instead at a Noctua NH-D15 if your case will accommodate it's required 168 mm mounting height clearance requried)

Reactions: Anthony Platis
Solution

Anthony Platis

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019

(No certainty that the Dark Rock air cooler will handle the 10700K at high-all core turbos, so, you can see how happy you are with frame rates at 'stock clocks' first before experimenting with trying to enable MCE, etc...(large differences in dissipated heat at all-core 4.6 GHz vs. 5 GHz...; if you've not purchased the Dark Rock, I'd look instead at a Noctua NH-D15 if your case will accommodate it's required 168 mm mounting height clearance requried)

Can i get the
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
because Noctua NH-D15 wont fit on my case s340

No real discernible difference in performance between the Dark Rock 4 Pro and the Noctua DH15 according to the reviews I checked out, they're very similar in that regard. I went for the DR4 pro purely because it looks nicer and I couldn't find any Chromax Noctuas available.

The Noctua has a better mounting system but that was easily remedied by watching a few YT videos on fitting the DR4 Pro. Either cooler is good, OP should be able to choose from either if they'd already checked if the DR4 Pro would fit because the Noctua looks very similar in size.