Is this a better deal?

Fare20

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
I can buy a used i3 8350k for $100. I would then wait for intel to release new budget motherboards. I know that the whole point of this cpu is to OC it with high end boards, but can you OC it even a little bit with cheap B boards? I5 8400 is my pick but 100 on an i3 8350k is a too good of a deal. I also have a good deal for a heatsink and cooler.

Solution
There's really no word on when B300 series boards will be out. I wouldn't buy a CPU expecting to wait on the motherboard to be released.

Nope, not even by a bit (assuming things will be same as in current B boards). However, if you can get 8350 cheap, why not invest in Z board and get full potential of this chip? That would be good IMO, even if you have to pay more for the board that you pay for CPU.

That's why the 8350K isn't a good deal. Doesn't come with a cooler and you need a good one. And can't OC it on the lower boards, you need a Z board. Once you invest in the good board and cooler you might as well have got a 8400 and not worry about OCing.

Fare20

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Yeah i get what you guys are saying. But i feel that the i3 is just the best bang for my buck even if its unutiluzed by MB and cooler.

Do you think there will be a bundle of i5 8400 and a B board on newegg? I see loads of bundles of these 2 cpu's with Z boards. Will they offer them as soon as new boards hit the market?