[SOLVED] Is this a BIOS problem or a damaged component ?

Apr 16, 2022
Hi guys

so recently I got a new gpu,motherboard and psu.

It was working fine for about 1 week or 2 before I got a bluescreen, the video I was watching was still there and covering the error message, once it restarted my monitor said no signal but my pc was on, I force shut it down and powered it on to the same thing, I dont hear any beeps when I power it on but when I hear a beep that's when I would press the bios key

I then turned off the power supply and turned it back on maybe a lack of power sent somewhere

I was greeted with the same thing but I waited a bit before hearing 3 long beeps, I went on google to see what it was, I powered it on one last time, was greeted with 1 beep and I had signal for 6 seconds before my screen froze.

I redid the same thing and I managed to enter boot menu.

it told me my hardware is not the same as the configuration in the BIOS.

I clicked on change bios settings and restart, I managed to get into Windows, then after a minute my monitor said no signal while my pc was running and nothing was showing and I'm back to the start of the problem, maybe my CMOS battery is weak?

my mouse which is wired seems to be flicking every 5-6 seconds starting from 3 hours ago since I turned off my pc.

specs:
corsair rm850x
gigabyte b560m ds3h V2
evga rtx 3070ti

the psu and mobo are 1 month old or less and my gpu is 1 week old, rest is a few months old.

help please thanks

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022
Hi guys

so recently I got a new gpu,motherboard and psu.

It was working fine for about 1 week or 2 before I got a bluescreen, the video I was watching was still there and covering the error message, once it restarted my monitor said no signal but my pc was on, I force shut it down and powered it on to the same thing, I dont hear any beeps when I power it on but when I hear a beep that's when I would press the bios key

I then turned off the power supply and turned it back on maybe a lack of power sent somewhere

I was greeted with the same thing but I waited a bit before hearing 3 long beeps, I went on google to see what it was, I powered it on one last time, was greeted with 1 beep and I had signal for 6 seconds before my screen froze.

I redid the same thing and I managed to enter boot menu.

it told me my hardware is not the same as the configuration in the BIOS.

I clicked on change bios settings and restart, I managed to get into Windows, then after a minute my monitor said no signal while my pc was running and nothing was showing and I'm back to the start of the problem, maybe my CMOS battery is weak?

my mouse which is wired seems to be flicking every 5-6 seconds starting from 3 hours ago since I turned off my pc.

specs:
corsair rm850x
gigabyte b560m ds3h V2
evga rtx 3070ti

the psu and mobo are 1 month old or less and my gpu is 1 week old, rest is a few months old.

help please thanks
Dismissed.

TRENDING THREADS