Question Is this a bottleneck? 3070 ti ryzen 5 3600

Aug 19, 2022
I tried to solve the problem for several months but nothing has changed, I have frames drop and low fps in many games. For example, cyberpunk on 1080p ultra settings preset gives 50 fps and it is lower compared to what my friends have or YouTube videos. GPU uaage is low around 55% and the processor is high around 85%. (In low light map, dark places )

But when I play the same game and chose desert map ( high light, sun ), everything become normal.
100fps gpu is 85% and processor is at 84%

Tried fresh install of Windows, same problem.

Asus tuf 3070ti
Ryzen 5 3600
16 gb ram 3000 ( already tried 4000+ nothing changed)
Msi x470 gaming plus max

Aug 19, 2022
Hi CRU9797, people always get so confused by bottlenecks, when you shouldn't because you will always have a bottleneck, maybe not gpu to cpu, but you can also have gpu monitor bottleneck. you can try out V-sync in games to get an always solid 60fps, especially with an rtx 3070 ti. you will have no cpu to gpu bottleneck if u turn up the res, because i was searching this question, and 5k res will give more then 10 percent on the gpu, so that means the cpu is working at 90 percent and the gpu at 100 percent. can you say what your monitor is? and all the other specs? like ssd or hdd, maybe tell speed of internet? because internet sometimes drops frames too. you didnt yet tell your monitor, and if its 1080p (i saw it was 1080p, but what hz display? 60 or higher??) your hertz can bottleneck it sometimes. ill help you as good as i can because i studied ICT computer stuff 2 years ago and got certificates one year ago, so i think i can help you

Reactions: CRU9797
Aug 19, 2022
My monitor is Asus VG278QR 27" 165hz ful hd.
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus tuf 3070 ti
Msi x470 gaming plus
Samsung evo 860 500gb
Cooler master master liquid 360
Fsp 750w 80+ gold
Ram 2×8gb 3000

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The thing is that there are people that have the same specs, but they don't have to turn down anything... and they still get higher fps than me.
People who?
Never trust YouTube videos. You can't be sure they even are playing on the same update version of the game or have skewed the results.

I get about 60 FPS depends where in the game mid settings@ 1440p with a 10600k and 2080.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The thing is that there are people that have the same specs, but they don't have to turn down anything... and they still get higher fps than me.
Same specs means nothing. It's how it's used, not what is used. Youtube vids are biased. The pcs doing the game are devoid of Antivirus, Adobe, steam (unless it's in use), discord, or any number of other programs you currently have started in Windows. Their pc is setup and streamlined for the games shown, or the results would be mostly invalid. They might do a quick run-through of in game settings, but that's not including global settings, power plans, current or dated bios or chipset drivers, any ram tweaks to timings, etc.

YouTube vids only show 1 thing, what is possible, not what is probable.

For all anyone knows, you might have manually had to set xmp settings to get that 3000MHz ram to that speed (if it's even running that speed and not 2400MHz defaults) and totally forgotten to set fclock to 1500, so it's still running at 1200.

You buds may have 3200/14 ram and you might have 3000/18 ram. They might have Gen4 ssd running through cpu, you might have Gen3 running through chipset but shared with another port, so running x2 instead of x4.

For all anyone knows, your ram is in slots 1/3 instead of 2/4, so taking a performance hit.

Same specs means nothing unless the pc's are not only identical, but setup identical, and even then there's a margin of error because anything run by silicon is not identical.

Aug 19, 2022
Hi, im back, I think the biggest problem is that your ryzen 5 3600 is holding your gpu back by not the biggest margin, especially in cyber punk, what is a very heavy game. You should for 1080p use v-sync. And!!! The 3070 ti is made for 1440p, then your ryzen won't hold it back. So maybe later on upgrade monitor. I hope you understand what im saying. I hope I helped you so far