[SOLVED] Is this a bottleneck

Karakolev

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Ok so,lately after i installed MSI Afterburner i noticed that in game (mostly in more demanding games like Apex Legends) i've been getting around 97% GPU Usage while my CPU only around 60% or in another games probably lower than that.I asked my friend which is more experienced in this kinda stuff and he told me that i have a bottleneck.Is this really a bottleneck or something is just plain wrong?

Solution
There is always a bottleneck, always always always. It simply means that one part of the chain is less capable than the others. In this case you CPU can run at 60% to keep your GPU fed and busy at 97%, which might the same as your monitor refresh rate.

The question is are you getting enough frames to be happy, if you aren't then the GPU is too weak, if you are then there is no problem.
There is always a bottleneck, always always always. It simply means that one part of the chain is less capable than the others. In this case you CPU can run at 60% to keep your GPU fed and busy at 97%, which might the same as your monitor refresh rate.

The question is are you getting enough frames to be happy, if you aren't then the GPU is too weak, if you are then there is no problem.

Solution

Karakolev

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019

Yes i am getting enough frames in Apex i seem to get 144fps matching my monitor refresh rate so its probably limited or something.