Question Is this a card issue?

funkman4

Reputable
Jan 23, 2021
Hi there,i have an ATI Radeon HD 4350 - 1 GB - VGA/DVI/HDMI (Asus) graphics card with asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3 motherboard, i am using 2 monitors.
Last week i noticed 1 of the monitors had a red tint on all the icons on screen,when i moved the cable connection on the monitor it would go normal,but then back to the red tint when i wasnt moving the cable.
i thought it was cable that was the problem but i bought new cable and now thered tint is gone but i have new problem. its hard to describe but all the icons on desktop have like a motion effect beside them,almost like a light shadow,same if i open youtube and the list of available videos has a shadow effect after the text. I know its hard for someone to visualize what im on about but hope someone can help.
on my graphics card there is vga output and 1 DVI output. it is the dvi output that is giving the trouble.

This looks more like monitor problem. Easy way to check it out. Do the screenshot when effect occurs. Then open the screenshot on second monitor and compare - if there us no visible effect on the screenshot then the problem is caused by monitor (or cable, but you already changed that).

funkman4

Reputable
Jan 23, 2021
thanks
i fiddled with back of cable on monitor and it would go normal,but when i moved the monitor back to position it went red again.
i changed the cable over to the other monitor(which was fine) but it had red tint too.

the wierd thing is when i screenshot it and save it,if i open it on monitor that is fine ,the screenshot is fine.

the wierd thing is when i screenshot it and save it,if i open it on monitor that is fine ,the screenshot is fine.
So it's not problem with GPU.
i changed the cable over to the other monitor(which was fine) but it had red tint too.
So after moving cable to second monitor the effect moved too? That means cable is the problem (or maybe adapter if you use any with that cable).

funkman4

Reputable
Jan 23, 2021
thanks for the replies folks.it just seems weird that after buying a new cable I'm having problem,albeit, a different problem than I began with .
could it still not be the graphics card,as there are 2 outputs,perhaps this output is buggered?
it would pain me buying another cable to find out if it does same thing.

funkman4

Reputable
Jan 23, 2021
id say broken output more probable,i guess ill have to buy another cable to be sure.
i thought someone mght have had the same problem and seen this post and been able to say"yeah same thing happened me and it was..........."

id say broken output more probable,i guess ill have to buy another cable to be sure.
i thought someone mght have had the same problem and seen this post and been able to say"yeah same thing happened me and it was..........."
Unlikely. No two problems have same solution even if they look similar. Anyway, before going for another cable, you should check what your other options are. What output on GPU you have been using? Maybe the card has second one of same type? Maybe your CPU has integrated graphics with same type of output on motherboard? Still lots of options to uncover, but need more details of your setup.

funkman4

Reputable
Jan 23, 2021
im up for trying stuff .
the output on the GPu is DVI,there is a VGA output also,it is connected to the other monitor,and i have tried the vga on both notors working fine.
CPU has outputs,DVI and VGA. I though about trying those,to do that i went to device manager and uninstalled my graphics card thinking it would default to the onboard cpu graphics,but there was no option to select the onboard,even tho i had connected the cable to the outputs

i went to device manager and uninstalled my graphics card thinking it would default to the onboard cpu graphics,but there was no option to select the onboard
As long as GPU is physically present in the system BIOS will block integrated graphics. On most boards you can change this behavior in BIOS so both can operate at same time. I'll check what your mobo is capable of and get back.

Man, I sure haven't seen that convoluted BIOS in long time. Anyway, here's the recipe: First go to AI Tweaker, scroll down to Internal Graphics Mode and make sure it is set to UMA+Sideport. Then go to Advanced>Chipset>890GX Chipset Config>Internal Graphics Configuration>Surround View and set it to Enabled. That will let you use both graphic system at the same time.

funkman4

Reputable
Jan 23, 2021
hi,so i done that and im sucking diesel now.I was going to put the DVI cable into the DVI on motherboard,but tuns out the motherboard was 24 + 1 i needed 24+ 4 female. so i used the VGA on motherboard as well as the VGA on the graphics card i had been using. all seems fine now.
thanks a mill. for your advice.
It will be interesting to see if the onboard graphics holds up,as when i was gettinf the pc custom made back in 2010 i was told i needed a graphics card.