[SOLVED] Is this a CPU issue?

May 4, 2020
When I attempt to load certain games, my PC instantly turns off at the loading screen, with no shut down procedure or anything. I've also being attempting to run these games with very little background procedures running.
This issue seems exclusive to Origin games as I haven't had the problems with games elsewhere (I tried various other games after I had experienced this issue).

I've fully uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and done the same for the games I am experiencing the issue on, and still have had no luck.
I have fully updated Windows 10, and fully updated my drivers.
I've been able to play 1 of the Origin games in the past with absolutely no issue, yet suddenly now it won't load.

I checked my Event Viewer and it showed these critical errors.
1wqqIxS.png

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
RTX 2070 GPU
MSI X470 Gaming Plus Motherboard
16GB RAM
Corsair RM 650X Power Supply
970 EVO Plus 250GB SSD
2TB hard drive

Edit: I tried to run these games again with CoreTemp and OpenHardwareMonitor open and my CPU temps read high 90s, which is worrying. Although, in literally any other game my CPU performs perfectly fine and stays at a good temperature.
aYy4VlJ.png

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
4.15 Ghz is a pretty heavy overclock for this chip and around 100° is the shut off temp so my guess would be that your motherboard pushes your CPU too far,unless you overclocked yourself.
Read up on your bios settings take pictures if needed and start by using default settings if these are the default settings make a new thread asking about safer settings for your CPU or read up on overclocking forums.
Of course if you have an older bios first consider updating the bios,and I say consider because sometimes an bios update can make things worse.
4.15 Ghz is a pretty heavy overclock for this chip and around 100° is the shut off temp so my guess would be that your motherboard pushes your CPU too far,unless you overclocked yourself.
Read up on your bios settings take pictures if needed and start by using default settings if these are the default settings make a new thread asking about safer settings for your CPU or read up on overclocking forums.
Of course if you have an older bios first consider updating the bios,and I say consider because sometimes an bios update can make things worse.

Solution