[SOLVED] is this a decent aio

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
hello, in my country we are running out of supply of good known brands cause of corona and i was wondering is this a decent aio to buy ?
https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/cooler/desktop-cpu-cooler/alseye-x120

"
ALSEYE X120 – 120mm AiO water cooling

The X120 AiO water cooling of the X series from ALSEYE impresses with its compact design and, thanks to the cooling plate made of copper and the radiator made of pure aluminum, ensures that the generated heat is reliably transported away. The 120mm X12 fan reliably removes the heat at up to 1600 rpm and also glows in rich RGB colors.

The lighting and fan speed are controlled centrally via the enclosed control unit, to which up to seven additional X12 fans, which are available separately, can be connected. The RGB effects can be managed either via the RF wireless remote control or via the 5V 3pin RGB header.

The pump with high-quality ceramic bearing and integrated RGB LEDs as well as the high-quality sleeved, swiveling FEP tubes with a length of 300 mm ensure safe, reliable and long-lasting operation.

• AiO water cooling with a compact design
  • High quality materials made of copper and aluminum
  • Powerful 120mm X12 fan with RGB lighting
  • TDP up to 180W
"

Solution
Why an aio?
liquid cooling is really air cooling.
The only difference is where the radiator is located.
A 120 aio will have the same sized radiator as, for example a cm hyper212 and will cool about as well.
What is the make/model of your case?
I could support an aio in a space constricted case only.
Or, if you need the cooling capability of a 360 size aio.

The cooler you linked is probably ok if that is what you really want.
Parts are often sourced from the same manufacturers.

But, usually a 120mm air cooler will usually be cheaper, quieter, more reliable, easier to mount, and...
It will not leak.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yTnJhg
as i mentioned before i don't live in usa so its a bit hard to get some parts this will be my first build and i want a stable pc with no cpu overclocking as i searched the i7 9700k with 120 ( cooler master master liquid) aio reached 80 c in cpu stress test ( 10 min )

So what country are you actually in?

A decent tower cooler will still be better than a cheap 120mm aio.

That azza psu has to go, its absolutely dire, it has no place in a $800 system.
Its actually dangerous.

i prefer not to say what country but its in north africa

Still better with a 12mm or 140mm tower cooler, there's less to go wrong especially when an aio is unreviewed and has dubious quality.

Also as said, that psu has no place in that system at all.
You need something decent in there.

Can you list anything that's available both psu and cooler wise??

If budget is an issue you may need to rethink the base components.
Build a pc is about balancing budget /performance/quality, its no good spending good money on high end components and then cutting quality elsewhere.

Reactions: xJesserX

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
there's COOLER MASTER MWE GOLD 650 FULL MODULAR 80PLUS GOLD
and for coolers i really don't know tbh and can i use that psu until i collect for the new one ? cause i know some people had the same model and was doing good for 2 and 3 years

there's COOLER MASTER MWE GOLD 650 FULL MODULAR 80PLUS GOLD
and for coolers i really don't know tbh and can i use that psu until i collect for the new one ? cause i know some people had the same model and was doing good for 2 and 3 years

The mwe gold is decent enough.

Regarding the azza the answer is no, its nowhere close to a 600w psu, it has a 12v rail of 22a which means in reality its only a 300w psu at best.

It also only has a 6 pin gpu connector so it won't run your 2060 anyway.

You shouldn't use it at all.

it has 6+2 pin
and 12v rail of 48 a not 22
http://www.azzatek.com/m/2010-1275-313804.php?Lang=en
and it has
FCC, CE, TUV, RoHS, RCM UVP,OVP,OPP,OCP,SCP safety
i will risk it and use it a month until i collect for the coolermaster one

Thats not the model I was thinking of, you have to be careful with azza psu's, they have some truly dire stuff out there.

That model spec wise will manage, seriously though replace it as soon as you have the chance.

Why an aio?
liquid cooling is really air cooling.
The only difference is where the radiator is located.
A 120 aio will have the same sized radiator as, for example a cm hyper212 and will cool about as well.
What is the make/model of your case?
I could support an aio in a space constricted case only.
Or, if you need the cooling capability of a 360 size aio.

The cooler you linked is probably ok if that is what you really want.
Parts are often sourced from the same manufacturers.

But, usually a 120mm air cooler will usually be cheaper, quieter, more reliable, easier to mount, and...
It will not leak.

Solution

SteelStruck

Prominent
Jul 31, 2020
Personally I like aio cooling because you don't have to worry about the cooler height they still provide solid performance and when you tell your non-tech savvy friends you water cool your pc they will undoubtedly think your some sort of tech genius. But if you really want an aio cooler to try to find one from a reputable brand like cooler master, Thermaltake, or corsair because then you won't have to worry about sub-par performance or leakages, but I understand it may be hard to find those things in your country, but just look to see if there are any aio options that fit your budget from a reputable brand, otherwise an off-brand air cooler is safer than an off-brand water cooler in my experience.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
It's a cheap 120mm aio, no reviews, I'd expect it to perform much the same as any other budget aio which is with absolute mediocrity.

Any reason for going with an aio?

There are tower coolers for less money that will eclipse it performance wise imo.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B081TRFTSJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Fortis+3&qid=1597835311&sr=8-3

There's one for starters.
What your actual component list spec wise, including case model?
I have to agree and disagree. A single 120mm Rad design will heat up and heat up the case so you need great air flow or open the side panel. You will get mediocore performance as Ambassador said however it will be enough if you plan on not overclocking or letting the system do the overclocking for you. If you plan on taking up voltages and doing a super overclock especially on Intel platform then your better of with air cooling and grabbing the 80 dollar Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro whos fans on both sides don't need to spin at 1600rpm and be so loud at that level instead 800rpm or 900rpm would do just fine. Just make sure you have exhaust fan to blow out the hot air the AIO produces. But once again I would go with Be Quiet over that AIO. However there are good AIO units as well but costly over 120 dollars and up. Just depends if your case can support its depths and size. Once again my advice is ditch this 120mm single and grab a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 and put the fans to 800rpm and you will be set. Your PC will be quiet no phun, and it will cool well enough to overclock at your desires. 🙉🙏🏽💯

TRENDING THREADS