[SOLVED] Is this a decent budget PC build?

Jan 31, 2019
Hey guys,

I have been trying to build a PC and bought some parts to a PC with a budget of $450,
I want to see y'all's opinions on my parts/manufacturers, and also the possible performance, as this is my first time attempting to build, and probably going to complete everything by late spring this year. If you would like to give me suggestions, please be based off Amazon, (personal reason)

Processor: Ryzen 3 2200G, going to buy the graphics card some weeks later after buying the basic parts to save up money, I thought it was a nice CPU with vega 8 graphics to start the build off.
($94)

MOBO: Ab350m DS3H by GIGABYTE: I thought this was a nice budget board with 4 DIMM slots and an m.2 slot. the box had a sticker that said it was Ryzen 2000 compatible, (BOUGHT) ($65)

RAM: 2x4 DDR4 2666 Patriot Signature, I heard that an AMD CPU works well with dual channel ram, so I opted for a 2x4 ram sticks, it was only ($49) (BOUGHT)

GPU: rx570 4gb, or (if releases sooner) rx3060, the rx570, in my opinion, is a great value card, costing only around $140-$170, with the performance of a little under a GTX 1060. it will be a great card for my budget. I am thinking of buying the ARMOR, or the GIGABYTE card

Storage: Kingston A400 120Gb, I am planning to get a 1tb hard drive later on after everything gets settled. it was a great budget option as it was only ($19) (BOUGHT)

PSU: 450W Bronze ARC Rosewill, This was a pretty risky choice for me, first of all, many ratings and reviews were in some part negative telling that it was short lived and it fried their system. however power supply costs at Amazon is skyrocketing, the 450w BT from EVGA was 29 dollars and later it jumped to $40 as well as many brand PSU, this Rosewill one was only about ($34) so I went with it, (BOUGHT)

p.s. I contacted Rosewill to ask if there is a way to prevent any sort of damage from the PSU and they said that I have a 3-year warranty on the power supply, and they were willing to compensate on my pc parts if the power supply fries or damages the system.

CASE: Can you guys tell me if there a good micro atx factor case (maybe mid-tower ATX/include side window) for under $45?

Thanks for reading my thread to help build my PC :)

Solution
Let's address the motherboard first, yes, 300 series motherboard is "compatible" with 2000 series CPU, but only with a BIOS update.

Let's pray that it comes shipped with the update already applied.

Next, so far, your budget spending is very limited because you say it has to be amazon.

If you live in the U.S.A. there are usually better deals to be had other places for certain parts.

Overall, the only thing I can say is bad about your build is if the motherboard needs a BIOS update and hoping that the PSU doesn't kill itself and take your system with it.

But just to show you what you could've gotten with $450 by not limiting yourself to Amazon I will give you this build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Let's address the motherboard first, yes, 300 series motherboard is "compatible" with 2000 series CPU, but only with a BIOS update.

Let's pray that it comes shipped with the update already applied.

Next, so far, your budget spending is very limited because you say it has to be amazon.

If you live in the U.S.A. there are usually better deals to be had other places for certain parts.

Overall, the only thing I can say is bad about your build is if the motherboard needs a BIOS update and hoping that the PSU doesn't kill itself and take your system with it.

But just to show you what you could've gotten with $450 by not limiting yourself to Amazon I will give you this build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.98 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($26.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $436.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-07 00:58 EST-0500

For this above build newegg is the only retailer that's different than Amazon for the fact that most all RAM is better priced and there are more options available from them.

This bellow build is using the 2200G instead that allows us to add an HDD to the build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($91.99 @ Walmart)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($26.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $438.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-07 01:00 EST-0500

Of course either of these builds costs a tiny bit more than $450 after taxes, but it's pretty close to your budget and still under $500.

Solution