Is this a decent streaming PC?

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Aloha fam. My budget that I would like to stay in is around 1000$. I am completely new to building a PC from scratch. I was browsing some prebuilt PC's around the internet, when many forums, and YT videos suggest just doing it yourself. So I think I can handle it after watching and reading some forums.

I wanted to try streaming to twitch so I was wondering if this setup would be decent. Looking to play games maybe 1080p max, at least 60 FPS on maybe medium - high quality.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Cd2W8K

The parts are so confusing so I just wanted to make sure that everything flows together as I dont want any unexpected hiccups when finally putting it together and something doesnt mesh.

Just trying to get my best bang for buck. If anyone reccomends swapping something out for something better for a few extra bucks or downgrading in some areas for something better elsewhere please let me know. Thanks fam!

Solution
The closest thing in overall performance (smooth gameplay without freezes/stuttering while streaming) on intel side would be i7-6800K that require X99 MB.
That would be 400$ CPU and around 200$ for entry level X99 mother board. It would perform a bit better, but as you can see at least twice more expensive.
The closest thing on the GPU side would be 230-260$ Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB.
About SSD, people that can afford SSD capacity that they need, use solely SSD. OS does not need 120GB, it uses somewhere in 40-70GB range. but it's annoying to decide which programs go to SSD and which go to HDD. moreover Steam can not be set to hold the library in two locations AFAIK, so you end up putting the library on HDD - slow game load and level/scene...
here is your updated list with just 1$ over 1000.

It has twice larger and faster SSD. You can have 525GB SSD for the same price within if you ditch the HDD.
way more powerful video card - high/max settings on 1080p at over 60FPS
CPU more suited for streaming - you need more than 4cores for streaming. i5 is better for just gaming. for gaming and streaming this one is way better even than i5. If you wish to overclock in the future, add a CPU cooler like 212 EVO or Cryorg C7 (my preference.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($218.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($98.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 4GB PULSE Video Card ($204.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($56.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1001.24

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Im not to familiar with amd products, but what would the closest thing the cpu and gpu be related to in intel? Also for SSD most people only throw their OS on there for fast boot speeds correct? Otherwise it looks pretty cool.

The closest thing in overall performance (smooth gameplay without freezes/stuttering while streaming) on intel side would be i7-6800K that require X99 MB.
That would be 400$ CPU and around 200$ for entry level X99 mother board. It would perform a bit better, but as you can see at least twice more expensive.
The closest thing on the GPU side would be 230-260$ Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB.
About SSD, people that can afford SSD capacity that they need, use solely SSD. OS does not need 120GB, it uses somewhere in 40-70GB range. but it's annoying to decide which programs go to SSD and which go to HDD. moreover Steam can not be set to hold the library in two locations AFAIK, so you end up putting the library on HDD - slow game load and level/scene load times. Sometimes it's over one minute vs 10-20 seconds. I don't know how about you, but boot time happens once a week at most while game/programs are launched few times a day. I used 240GB SSD + HDD for few years it I almost immediately stopped using HDD for games and programs. But 240 was too small to hold everything I wanted. I have about 350GB used of my SSD after about 8 months of use, that includes OS,programs, WoT, World of Warships, Doom 2016, Rise of tomb raider, overwatch, crysis 3 and few more. Though, I do note store huge photo or documents or movies library on my computer. So if you think you can fit into 525GB SSD, go for it. You can always add some storage later if you'll need it.

Solution

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Ooo alright cool. Thanks for the detailed responses. I appreciate the time taken to help a noob like me out. Thank you! I think the build looks pretty good and I feel more confident in spending to buy it. <3

TRENDING THREADS