Question Is this a display panel failure?

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I don't know if this is the right forum section for this, but here's my question:
A friend contacted me with a sudden breakdown in his laptop's display and sent me some pictures. The display is normal on an external monitor.

Judging from the pictures, is the fault likely to be with the panel itself, probably needing a replacement?

fU9ZZvf.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptop? Specs?

Try reinstalling the display drivers.

External video port - try another known working (no discoloration) monitor.

Objective being to eliminate other possible problems and issues.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro.
I don't have details of the hardware except that it's a 17-inch Intel machine, 8GB, GTX 960, M.2 SATA SSD & HDD,

Drivers already reinstalled.
External monitor already tried (as described in the opening post). Display is normal.

What I'd like to know is if there's a chance that the fault is in a part of the motherboard that doesn't share a common circuit with the path to the external video port.

Aug 15, 2023
I don't know if this is the right forum section for this, but here's my question:
A friend contacted me with a sudden breakdown in his laptop's display and sent me some pictures. The display is normal on an external monitor.

Judging from the pictures, is the fault likely to be with the panel itself, probably needing a replacement?

fU9ZZvf.jpg
Hi ,could be a LVDS problem , he can check the display in the back and reconnect LVDS , but very important on this operation battery and power need to be disconnected , because on LVDS circuit he wave continuous power circuit and in order to avoid unwanted shorts it is best to disconnect all power source , after he check cable and is the same situation in that case he need to go in a service and test with a different display.

TRENDING THREADS