[SOLVED] Is this a g-sync compatible display?

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
So I got the G2770pf 144hz monitor by AOC and I am planning to by the Gigabyte RTX 2070 super gaming OC x3 8gb.
I am wondering if this is a g-sync compatible display and or you guys have any experience with this particular display.

Solution
I don't own a second display though. And what do you mean when you wrote it will stop when it's enabled?
can't I just plug my Freesync monitor, set up the monitor in the control panel and done?
I meant it would stop blinking once set up. As for setting it up you need to make sure Freesync is enabled on the monitor usually via the OSD menu then enable it in the Nvidia Control Panel. The directions (link) I posted above shows exactly what you need to do to set it up.

momowicket

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
No experience with this particular display but it is not g-sync compatible, although it may work as Nvidia last year rolled out compatibility with freesync monitors. This is very new though and is very unclear on what monitor swork. I'd suggest finding a review on this monitor to see if it is g-sync certified or does work with nvidia gpus.

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
No experience with this particular display but it is not g-sync compatible, although it may work as Nvidia last year rolled out compatibility with freesync monitors. This is very new though and is very unclear on what monitor swork. I'd suggest finding a review on this monitor to see if it is g-sync certified or does work with nvidia gpus.
That’s why I am asking in this here. I have searched the whole internet about to find more info is this monitor is g-sync compatible but I have seen a video by the YouTuber “Hardware Unboxed” and he said that it might work with all of the free sync monitors but it might be a trial and error...

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
And how hard is to set up the monitor so it will be g sync compatible... because I want to got to my friends house he got a GTX 1080 and bring with me my monitor and try to connect to his GPU.

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
Unless a user has this exact monitor and is using a newer Nvidia GPU the best answer is maybe but with your GPU and the fact that the monitor supports DisplayPort I'd think it should work with the newest GPU drivers.

Setup guide.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-to-run-gsync-on-freesync-monitor,6072.html

Edit: Some of the Amazon reviews state that it supports Freesync/Nvidia.
He has an other display because he Have used GeForce as his main technology.. but I don’t think so that it will be so difficult it’s gonna be like plug and play, and tick a box in the program to set up the g sync and see if my monitor will start blinking or pulsing. Am I right ? If not correct me

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
You can use one monitor for Freesync/Nvidia and have another standard (non Freesync/Gsync) monitor work perfectly fine. When you initially set it up it will blink a few times but will stop when it's enabled.
I don't own a second display though. And what do you mean when you wrote it will stop when it's enabled?
can't I just plug my Freesync monitor, set up the monitor in the control panel and done?

WildCard999

Titan
I meant it would stop blinking once set up. As for setting it up you need to make sure Freesync is enabled on the monitor usually via the OSD menu then enable it in the Nvidia Control Panel. The directions (link) I posted above shows exactly what you need to do to set it up.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS