Question Is this a good 1440p 144hz VA Freesync monitor for my PC Setup?

Jun 17, 2019
LG - 32GK650F-B 32" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en...MIyNK--9Pz4gIVD6WaCh1c5w3eEAkYASABEgJpg_D_BwE

Will this monitor be good for my gaming setup and will it work with my graphics card? Overall will it be a good quality display?
Also is the response time 5ms or 1ms and will this make a noticable difference? Please feel free to ask for any additional information that might help.

PC Specifications:
GPU: Zotac 1070Ti AMP 8GB
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
MOBO: Asus x Maximus Hero
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W 80 Plus Gold

-Sorry if you see these type of questions alot but ive been looking for a monitor upgrade for a while now and I have really been struggling to find something that I know will work and be good for my build. My current monitor is an AOC e2243Fw so I really could use an upgrade thats gonna last. Thankyou in advance <3

LilZpai

Reputable
Jun 10, 2016
32" is quite large, but if you enjoy larger monitors, then I don't see any issue with it.
If your aim is to play games and casually watch movies and videos, and not do any heavy photo or video editing that requires a more color accurate display, this one should do the trick nicely. It will work fine with your graphics card, though you might have to change some settings if you want games to run at the same framrate as you currently are with your 1080p display.
The difference between 5ms and 1ms is unnoticeable, you don't need to worry about that.

Reactions: seijuro.h
Jun 17, 2019
32" is quite large, but if you enjoy larger monitors, then I don't see any issue with it.
If your aim is to play games and casually watch movies and videos, and not do any heavy photo or video editing that requires a more color accurate display, this one should do the trick nicely. It will work fine with your graphics card, though you might have to change some settings if you want games to run at the same framrate as you currently are with your 1080p display.
The difference between 5ms and 1ms is unnoticeable, you don't need to worry about that.
Thankyou for your reply,

Yes my main purpose for this monitor is gaming. I was originally looking for 27" monitors but for some reason it was hard to find one for my setup so I though this would be fine. I just wanted to double check with someone that probably knows more about this than I do haha.

I also got linked to a spreadsheet on another thread where people noted what Freesync monitors worked with Nvidia GPU's etc. and im pretty sure it said this monitor would be okay.

Hopefully this will last me a good number of years to where I might have even upgraded my GPU again allowing me to run the 1440p 144hz abit better. Thanks again for your advice.
Might order this tonight if im brave enough haha.

LilZpai

Reputable
Jun 10, 2016
Thankyou for your reply,

Yes my main purpose for this monitor is gaming. I was originally looking for 27" monitors but for some reason it was hard to find one for my setup so I though this would be fine. I just wanted to double check with someone that probably knows more about this than I do haha.

I also got linked to a spreadsheet on another thread where people noted what Freesync monitors worked with Nvidia GPU's etc. and im pretty sure it said this monitor would be okay.

Hopefully this will last me a good number of years to where I might have even upgraded my GPU again allowing me to run the 1440p 144hz abit better. Thanks again for your advice.
Might order this tonight if im brave enough haha.

I doubt many games will run at 144FPS, though anything above 100+ will look significantly smoother. I don't have experience with Freesync or G-Sync myself, but from what I've heard, it should be pretty good. ^^
Good choice to go with a VA panel as well, rather than a TN. Ideally you'd want an IPS, but those usually do cost a bit more, and it's not really needed for gaming.

I doubt you'll regret it, though you might want to sit a bit further away from your monitor than you do now. :p

Reactions: seijuro.h
Jun 17, 2019
I doubt many games will run at 144FPS, though anything above 100+ will look significantly smoother. I don't have experience with Freesync or G-Sync myself, but from what I've heard, it should be pretty good. ^^
Good choice to go with a VA panel as well, rather than a TN. Ideally you'd want an IPS, but those usually do cost a bit more, and it's not really needed for gaming.

I doubt you'll regret it, though you might want to sit a bit further away from your monitor than you do now. :p
Yeah im gonna position it abit further away to haha. Should be a great upgrade from the AOC e2243Fw that im currently using. Thanks again <3