[SOLVED] Is this a good airflow configuration for my pc?

Mar 21, 2019
d401be9c3a1f5d6c9befcbf7c945bee9c91fc17f.jpg

As you can see, 2 intake fans on the front.
2 out fans on the top, and I wasnt sure about the fan on the radiator in the back, right now its taking air in, is it supposed to be the other way around?
I'll appreciate any suggestions you have. The temps I recorded so far are pretty good, nothing is overheating and I just wanted to make sure i'm doing it right.

Solution
...Should I just flip the air flow of the fan in the back then?

The case is Corsair spec 05, and it does have an air vent on the bottom but I dont know how much air it will get since I mount the pc inside a carrier with wheels (as you can see in the first picture).
your rear radiator fan is blowing out through the radiator as it should be.

your PSU vent is raised up off of any surface by the case's feet. so it will draw in cool air as long as you don't have it totally enclosed in a cabinet or something.

still can't see the exterior-top in your image.
11-139-132-V82.jpg

moving the radiator to the top, towards the front of the case may help with cooling the...
the radiator's fan should be blowing out through the radiator taking the warmer air with it. right now the air being pulled in is being heated by the CPU, any not removed by the top fans is adding to the overall internal temperatures.

and if possible, the PSU should be pulling cool in from the bottom and pushing it out through it's own rear vent. but only if the case has an available vent underneath it in the bottom of the case.

what case is that?
and can you alter the image to include more of the exterior-top & front of the case while the fans are not running?

Mar 21, 2019
c1cc0e94cce9142e3e0c33fe7abad661436405db.jpg

This is the front view, and you can see a bit from the top 2 fans while not spinning.
I dont really have an option to switch between the radiator and the fan because it just wont fit with the top fans.
Should I just flip the air flow of the fan in the back then?

The case is Corsair spec 05, and it does have an air vent on the bottom but I dont know how much air it will get since I mount the pc inside a carrier with wheels (as you can see in the first picture).

Id definitely switch the AIO fan to be blowing out the back, its currently blowing warm/hot air over the motherboard VRM's heatsink.

I would also try and fit a fan at the bottom. Looking at the first picture the natural flow for the air from the front fans will be over the top of the gpu and missing the gpu cooler. You want to feed some air into that area below the gpu which currently only warm air from the PSU is being pushed into it.

...Should I just flip the air flow of the fan in the back then?

your PSU vent is raised up off of any surface by the case's feet. so it will draw in cool air as long as you don't have it totally enclosed in a cabinet or something.

11-139-132-V82.jpg

moving the radiator to the top, towards the front of the case may help with cooling the CPU. it would be pushing cooler air from the front intake through the rad.

then having one fan in the rear and one just above it in the top blowing out would result in more unobstructed exhaust. removing more of the GPU's hot air at a quicker pace.

Solution
Mar 21, 2019

11-139-132-V82.jpg

moving the radiator to the top, towards the front of the case may help with cooling the CPU. it would be pushing cooler air from the front intake through the rad.

then having one fan in the rear and one just above it in the top blowing out would result in more unobstructed exhaust. removing more of the GPU's hot air at a quicker pace.

Yes after opening the case I see that I was mistaken, don't know why I thought the fan was taking air in instead of out.
I'm taking your advice and turning over the PSU and I'm gonna try to place the radiator on top close to the front of the case.
Thanks for the help :)

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost