RAM: 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM Ballistix
MB: GIGABYTE B550M DS3H AC
SSD: 1TB
HD: None (plan on getting one)
Cooler Master Liquid cooler

Need more info lmk

Solution
My (very) high level thoughts:
  1. The CPU is a powerhouse for 65W TDP, liquid cooling will keep it nice and chilly. Since you're going for an AIO get a 240 one, CoolerMaster has a good selection and decent quality.
    Edit: If the most intensive task you'll throw at the CPU is gaming, 8 cores may be overkill. I'd consider the 3600 (X or not), less crowded chip and better temps.
  2. Make sure you get at least 3200MHz RAM since Zen likes speedy memory. I can see that the Ballistix kits are pretty affordable @ 3600, especially if you're not into aesthetics and you go for an odd color.
  3. Please, PLEASE don't cheap out on PSU. Your components are not very power hungry so try to get an 80+ gold. Based on your specs a 550W one will be...

Koykis

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
My (very) high level thoughts:
  1. The CPU is a powerhouse for 65W TDP, liquid cooling will keep it nice and chilly. Since you're going for an AIO get a 240 one, CoolerMaster has a good selection and decent quality.
    Edit: If the most intensive task you'll throw at the CPU is gaming, 8 cores may be overkill. I'd consider the 3600 (X or not), less crowded chip and better temps.
  2. Make sure you get at least 3200MHz RAM since Zen likes speedy memory. I can see that the Ballistix kits are pretty affordable @ 3600, especially if you're not into aesthetics and you go for an odd color.
  3. Please, PLEASE don't cheap out on PSU. Your components are not very power hungry so try to get an 80+ gold. Based on your specs a 550W one will be enough if you're not planning to overclock but to fine-tune other devices you may connect check a PSU calculator from a respectable company (be quiet, seasonic etc.)
  4. The 5700 XT is probably fine for all of the games you mentioned. With a little tweaking you will be able to go 60+ FPS even on 1440p, except for Cyberpunk. Just accept that this game is on it's own performance tier.
Just my two cents.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Solution