[SOLVED] Is this a good budget gaming configuration?

Aug 5, 2020
Processor: AMD Ryzen5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB (16GB Kit) DDR4 3200MT/s CL16 Unbuffered DIMM 288pin

GPU: MSI GTX1650 SUPER GAMING X 4G Boost: 1755Mhz

HDD: 1T SG SATA 6G/7200/64M SED

NVMe SSD Samsung PM991 512GB M.2

PSU: Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze

AeroCool Case ATX - Bolt RGB

Arctic Вентилатор Arctic Fan F12 TC - 120mm/300-1350rpm - 5 pieces

Still undecided on that psu, been trying to research it and on paper it does look decent but there's really not enough info out there on it.

The build itself is solid.

I'm going to pick fault with the case though, it's aesthetics over function, has poor airflow, and once you add on extra fans it'll cost more than something better.

You don't want the arctic tc fans for case use, they're good for certain circumstances but not for intakes exhausts when you have plenty of fan headers available.

They don't hit max rpm until close to 60c and as a general case fan this isn't a good idea, you also have no form of manual control over them at all.

Where are you buying from?

We can pick a better case and fan combo without a doubt!

Aug 5, 2020
Still undecided on that psu, been trying to research it and on paper it does look decent but there's really not enough info out there on it.

I'm going to pick fault with the case though, it's aesthetics over function, has poor airflow, and once you add on extra fans it'll cost more than something better.

You don't want the arctic tc fans for case use, they're good for certain circumstances but not for intakes exhausts when you have plenty of fan headers available.

They don't hit max rpm until close to 60c and as a general case fan this isn't a good idea, you also have no form of manual control over them at all.

Is this power supply better than the previous one? - Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 650W 80+ Bronze

And can you offer me a case for up to 65$ ?

I managed to find this one on a Russian site...
https://ru.gecid.com/power/gigabyte_p650b/?s=1

I've seen 3 mini strip downs/reviews , it actually looks a really really solid unit, have gigabyte bucked the trend on their cheaper models and pulled something special out of the bag? I just don't know!

Is this power supply better than the previous one? - Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 650W 80+ Bronze

And can you offer me a case for up to 65$ ?

The thermaltake? No absolutely not, I'd take the gugabyte even not knowing what it is.

Case? What location are you in??

Aug 5, 2020
I've seen 3 mini strip downs/reviews , it actually looks a really really solid unit, have gigabyte bucked the trend on their cheaper models and pulled something special out of the bag? I just don't know!

The thermaltake? No absolutely not, I'd take the gugabyte even not knowing what it is.

Case? What location are you in??
Bulgaria

Aug 5, 2020
Assuming you want rgb

Tiny bit over budget, solid airflow, nice looks, good build quality, 4 included fans.
Thank you, but Isn't one of these two boxes better?-
Gamdias Case ATX - APOLLO M2 RGB

Gamdias Case ATX - TALOS M1B RGB

Thank you, but Isn't one of these two boxes better?-
Gamdias Case ATX - APOLLO M2 RGB

Gamdias Case ATX - TALOS M1B RGB

They look nice, I have no experience of them though.

Its easy to throw a glass front and rgb fans on a case and forget airflow.
The amount of people who are putting aesthetics before function now is rife.
They may be decent, they may not.

I'm familiar with the zalman, I actually know it has decent airflow and is well made.

I honestly can't comment on cases I've never seen in real life.

Aug 5, 2020
They look nice, I have no experience of them though.

Its easy to throw a glass front and rgb fans on a case and forget airflow.
The amount of people who are putting aesthetics before function now is rife.
They may be decent, they may not.

I'm familiar with the zalman, I actually know it has decent airflow and is well made.

I honestly can't comment on cases I've never seen in real life.
Okay, Thank you very much for help i will get zalman!

Aug 5, 2020

This power supply (be quiet! System Power 9 600W, 80PLUS Bronze)
Is it better than (Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze) but will 600W be enough for this computer?

Aug 5, 2020
A good 450w would be enough.

The Bequiet is mediocre.
Its safe though.

I'm tempted to go out on a limb here and say stick with the gigabyte if the price is similar.
Which of these power supplies is the best?

Zalman PSU GigaMax 650W Bronze ZM650-GVII

Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze

PSU SEASONIC- SSR-650GB3 BRONZ

COUGAR STX 650, 650W 80-PLUS Efficiency, Ultra-quiet & Temperature-controlled 120mm fan, Full Protections with SCP, OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP

Cooler Master MWE White 230V 650W V2

DeepCool PSU 600W Bronze Modular - DA600-M

Kolink Modular Power 600W 80 PLUS Bronze

FSP Group Hyper K 600W 80+ Bronze

FSP Group Hyper K, 600W, 80+, Bronze, retail

Which of these power supplies is the best?

Zalman PSU GigaMax 650W Bronze ZM650-GVII

Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze

PSU SEASONIC- SSR-650GB3 BRONZ

COUGAR STX 650, 650W 80-PLUS Efficiency, Ultra-quiet & Temperature-controlled 120mm fan, Full Protections with SCP, OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP

Cooler Master MWE White 230V 650W V2

DeepCool PSU 600W Bronze Modular - DA600-M

Kolink Modular Power 600W 80 PLUS Bronze

FSP Group Hyper K 600W 80+ Bronze

FSP Group Hyper K, 600W, 80+, Bronze, retail

Weirdly still tempted to say the gigabyte out of those.
All of them apart from the seasonic are old group regulated units, I say seasonic but that's a seasonic in badge only and is fairly mediocre at best anyway.

On a component quality level the gigabyte is easily the best, just it's not been around long enough to be an absolute recommendation.

I may actually buy one this weekend to have a look at.

Aug 5, 2020
Weirdly still tempted to say the gigabyte out of those.
All of them apart from the seasonic are old group regulated units, I say seasonic but that's a seasonic in badge only and is fairly mediocre at best anyway.

On a component quality level the gigabyte is easily the best, just it's not been around long enough to be an absolute recommendation.

I may actually buy one this weekend to have a look at.
Well can you tell me what you think about (Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze) after you buy it? Because I really want this computer and I don't want to have any problems with it. And Can you offer me a good PSU 600W-650W for up to 65$? I apologize if I bother you.

TRENDING THREADS