Is this a good build for a tight budget of like 600 Canadian?

alib221345

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
Fx 8350
Ga 78lmt-usb3 r2
Pny anarchy 16 gb of ddr3-1800 ram
Msi 1050 ti of 4 gb
Apevia vs500 psu
Rosewill fmb x1
240 gb Kingston ssd

Case is decent enough but may upgrade

Solution
What're you trying to achieve? This is not worth buying new. That processor is quite dated for today's use, the GPU is good but overkill in vram for that setup.

I live in Canada as well and I understand the struggle of getting decent prices on our markets. That being said, I strongly suggest that you put 800-850$ into this. With a 600$ budget you'll be upgrading soon. Although doable, aim would beLower end ryzen, with 2x4gb Ram and the 1050ti.

Since you are working on a tight budget, I think you know the value of your money. I would say, take your time over the next 3 weeks to buy components, everyone will have daily deals/weekend deals and in-store deals. I don't know where you live exactly, but look if you have Canada computers...
What're you trying to achieve? This is not worth buying new. That processor is quite dated for today's use, the GPU is good but overkill in vram for that setup.

I live in Canada as well and I understand the struggle of getting decent prices on our markets. That being said, I strongly suggest that you put 800-850$ into this. With a 600$ budget you'll be upgrading soon. Although doable, aim would beLower end ryzen, with 2x4gb Ram and the 1050ti.

Since you are working on a tight budget, I think you know the value of your money. I would say, take your time over the next 3 weeks to buy components, everyone will have daily deals/weekend deals and in-store deals. I don't know where you live exactly, but look if you have Canada computers and/or Mike's computer shop ( physical) store near you. They have door crasher deals/daily sometimes. Last week Mike's computer shop had in-store (not for online orders) rx580 at 200$ CND! .... And, Newegg.ca had ryzen 1600 for 190$. If you take your time to shop, you'll get a really nice setup. I do suggest to go with rx580, for the freEsync and budget friendly capable gpu. Which you can pair with Acer freesync monitor from best buy later (IPS panel, goes on sale for 145, really good, 3yr warranty)

So in the end I think you can aim for ryzen 1600 + rx580 + 2x4gb Ram + budget motherboard with overclocking capability with 4 Ram slots to fill later with another 2x4gb.

I wrote alot.... Lol... Sorry

Solution

alib221345

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for responding. Now the only issue is that this build was for my friend and he kind of rushed the part picking so I can't really switch out the parts. But I guess I'll need to upgrade later which he'll probably have enough to upgrade cpu and motherboard to go with it

If he bought those items new and they are coming, don't use them, leave them as is in boxes and send them back for return. There are hardly any people still running that cpu and last of those systems are being swapped out. Fact is that most under 180$ will destroy it. And the upgrade later will easily go as follows, cpu+mobo+ram, it'll be quite the hit on the wallet again. There is another suggestion, which would be to get the ryzen 2400g and run the onboard graphics till he can get a good GPU, fairly capable APU on that, but of course, low graphics settings and such

alib221345

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018

The only issue is that the pc is already built. So could the pc work well enough until he is able to upgrade to a ryzen?

Yeah it'll work fine for him, unfortunately it's too late to change it up. You'll see it struggle on certain games that put pressure on the cpu. So it would largely depend on which games he plays, but I'm sure it will do fine. If you have a chance, and the mother board, you should try and get a small overclock on it (I'm assuming that you're running the stock cooler), it'll help a bit. But only if you need

alib221345

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018

Thanks a lot have a good day