[SOLVED] Is this a good build for gaming

Aug 14, 2019
Hello i am interested in building a somewhat good quality gaming PC. I have built one but am looking for some more knowledgeable opinions on things i should change remove/add without going much over the current part total.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($479.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($127.76 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($319.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($104.99 @ Memory Express)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card ($1025.78 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: NZXT H500i ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($123.95 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Total: $2312.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-20 17:56 EDT-0400

Thanks

Solution
Im planning on using the storage from my old computer for this one so that's already covered. As far as budget goes i don't wanna go much above the $2300 CAD in the build but i am willing to go over by a bit if it means increased performance.
Increased performance will be if you use M.2 NVME SSD which is the ultimate type of storage nowadays, or at the very least a normal SSD.
As for the PSU, i would go higher than 650W from what Lutfij suggested and get a 750W Corsair/Seasonic/EVGA PSU which will help in overall stability and potential overclocks or upgrades you might do or try to do.
As for your build, it is a high end build which will last for several years at least
Aug 14, 2019
Up the PSU to a 650W unit. You would be able to do the same for a little lower if you went with an AMD Ryzen build. Also, no SSD for the build, nor storage? What's your budget's limit?
Im planning on using the storage from my old computer for this one so that's already covered. As far as budget goes i don't wanna go much above the $2300 CAD in the build but i am willing to go over by a bit if it means increased performance.

Oct 16, 2019
Increased performance will be if you use M.2 NVME SSD which is the ultimate type of storage nowadays, or at the very least a normal SSD.
As for the PSU, i would go higher than 650W from what Lutfij suggested and get a 750W Corsair/Seasonic/EVGA PSU which will help in overall stability and potential overclocks or upgrades you might do or try to do.
As for your build, it is a high end build which will last for several years at least

Solution
Aug 14, 2019
I currently have an SSD its not top of the line xd but its pretty good. And thank you for the suggestion i will upgrade the PSU to something better for any potential future upgrades

Oct 16, 2019
I currently have an SSD its not top of the line xd but its pretty good. And thank you for the suggestion i will upgrade the PSU to something better for any potential future upgrades
The SSD doesn't need to be top of the line in order to be good. ANY SSD will be much better than HDD was what i was trying to say, so you are good on that front.
If you upgrade the PSU, then i think you have pretty much dealt with all for the moment.

Aug 14, 2019
Sorry to re-reply to the same comment but is there any PSU you would suggest or would any 750W do?

Oct 16, 2019
Sorry to re-reply to the same comment but is there any PSU you would suggest or would any 750W do?
In this forum there is a thread with comparison table of the PSU's, or you can look at the Power Supply discussion thread to find out what might suit you better. But i think most of the Corsair/Seasonic/EVGA PSU's 80+ Gold/Platinum/Titanium are tier 1 or at the very least tier 2 PSU's and that will keep you safe for years to come with a very long term warranty. If you are on a budget, you might want to take a look at the comparison list to find a Bronze 80+ which can also be found as a tier 2 PSU and is cheaper

Aug 14, 2019
In this forum there is a thread with comparison table of the PSU's, or you can look at the Power Supply discussion thread to find out what might suit you better. But i think most of the Corsair/Seasonic/EVGA PSU's 80+ Gold/Platinum/Titanium are tier 1 or at the very least tier 2 PSU's and that will keep you safe for years to come with a very long term warranty. If you are on a budget, you might want to take a look at the comparison list to find a Bronze 80+ which can also be found as a tier 2 PSU and is cheaper
Alright cool ill go check them out thanks so much for the help