Kobrax

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Used pc for sale I'm thinking of buying

Intel core i5 4460
Gigabyte z97p-d3 mobo
8gb Corsair vengeance 1600 memory
MSI Gtx 960 overclocked
250gb wd HDD (I know, this would need upgrading to a 1tb)
Corsair 550w psu
Hyper 103 cooler
Windows 8.1 os

£420.. Looks good to me for 2 months old. Bit concerned about mobo as only 2 memory channel

What do you guys think? It would be for me to start my YouTube gaming and close up magic channel

Kobrax

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
I looked it up its actually 4 slots. My bad.

All I would need is a 1tb HDD and a monitor and I have a fully capable 1080p 60fps gaming auditing setup up for 572! Not bad at all :)

Wanted a Radeon 280x but I guess I could sell the graphics card and buy a radeon

Gracodana

Distinguished

Very good buy for that price, the 960 will be a fine gpu for most games at 1080p.

Gracodana

Distinguished

Assassin's creed unity and the Witcher are the main ones that come to mind. far cry 4 will have to go down to high to maintain a solid 50-60fps, dying light will have to drop down shadows I think. It's still a great card though and for the price your getting it it's amazing value.

Kobrax

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Grand.. I know I sound stupid as hell but never having been a PC gamer ever.. I don't know.

I would have though high would be excellent anyway?

I have tried to find links on the difference between medium high, very high, ultra etc as I don't know what real world difference there would be but can't find anything.

Is there anywhere that explains the difference besides each one looks a little better than the last? Just so I can understand.

Mostly I'll be playing indie games, I will be playing witcher 3 definately, probably go back to skyrim as it's been a long time, horror games, quite a few RPGs,

Gracodana

Distinguished

Far cry 4 is really nice with all the shadows and stuff turned up but a solid frame rate is more imporatant and the game looks pretty darn good on high anyway. You can do some tweaking as well.

Kobrax

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Fair enough. Thanks mate. I always wonder, to a gamer who has never ever played or even seen a game running on pc outside of youtube, my eyes are accustomed to console graphics. I'm pretty sure the difference will be negligible? Like those guys that say that 60fps hurts their eyes. I can't tell the bloody difference. But then I have never seen a game actually run at anything higher with my own eyes.

Gracodana

Distinguished

They are around high but very tweaked so to get more detail on what matters at the time, the difference in 60 and 30 is huge you will noitice when you try it seriously. I find movies a bit laggy sometimes:p

Kobrax

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Well I look forward to it then :) I'm guessing that most games with the GTX would run comfortably at 1080p 60fps on ultra or at least very high and then games like the witcher 3 might run at 1080p 60fps on high possibly have to drop to medium but would still look miles better than it would on console!?!? Is that about right then?

Looking forward to it being delivered.

Just need a good monitor for £100. I think an ips monitor would be best.. I can get an AOC 23.6" one for £99.99 off ebyuyer

Gracodana

Distinguished

Sounds a good plan your right about settings I would say.