[SOLVED] Is this a good build?

Mar 4, 2019
I haven’t built a pc before and just looking for some reassurance that everything will fit together and work well
Hardware I’m getting:

Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte b450m ds3h

Corsair vengeance lpx 16 gb (2x4) ddr4 3000

Kingston 480gb ssd

Msi Radeon rx580 8gb

Cooler master master box q300l micro atx mini tower case

Evga 500w 80+ bronze power supply

2x Corsair air series white 2 pack 120mm fans

My main worry is whether the motherboard I’m getting will be able to support the amount of fans As I think the case has one fan pre installed. The motherboard website said it only had 2 fan headers tho...
Does that mean I can only power 2 fans?

Last edited:
Solution
You can split fan headers to two or more, depending how much amps does the fan use.
If the fan uses 0.2A and fan header max somwhere is stated 1A. Soo you can plug 4 by splitters (you have to leave a bit of headroom, you dont wanna burn the PWM chip).
For me build seems fine, but I would add an HDD for games tho.
You can split fan headers to two or more, depending how much amps does the fan use.
If the fan uses 0.2A and fan header max somwhere is stated 1A. Soo you can plug 4 by splitters (you have to leave a bit of headroom, you dont wanna burn the PWM chip).

Solution
Mar 4, 2019
Thanks, Would it be good if I just got a 1tb hdd and no ssd?

Mar 4, 2019
I haven’t built a pc before and just need reassurance that this is a good build before I build it.

Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte b450m ds3h micro atx am4 motherboard

Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb ddr4 3000 ram

Western digital 1tb internal hard drive

Msi Radeon rx 580 8gb armor oc graphics card

Coolermaster masterbox q300l micro atx mini tower case

Evga b3 650 W 80+ bronze certified fully modular atx power supply

Corsair air series white 2 pack 52.19 cfm 120mm fan (they r like £20 is it worth splashing out on 2 fans/will 2 fans be enough/will they be compatible)

Mar 4, 2019
I haven’t built a pc before and just need reassurance that this is a good build before I build it.

Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte b450m ds3h micro atx am4 motherboard

Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb ddr4 3000 ram

Western digital 1tb internal hard drive

Msi Radeon rx 580 8gb armor oc graphics card

Coolermaster masterbox q300l micro atx mini tower case

Evga b3 650 W 80+ bronze certified fully modular atx power supply

Corsair air series white 2 pack 52.19 cfm 120mm fan (I think I will need a fan splitter because my motherboard will only have 2 headers and the case comes with a pre installed fan. Is there a specific splitter I need or will any do?)