Build Advice Is this a good build?

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heyo,

I am currently undergoing a PC build and have decided on everything but the case. I can't choose between the Corsair Obsidian 1000D with some HD120's all through out it or the Asus TUF Gaming GT501. I play games and would like to start streaming. I was leaning towards the Corsair case because I can put 2 systems in 1 case. I love RGB of course and would love to change the theme whenever I want

My specs are
MOBO - MSI MEG Godlike
RAM - Patriot Viper Steel RGB 3200mhz 16GB
CPU - Intel Core i7 9700k
COOLER - NZXT Kraken x72
PSU - Corsair RMX 850w
STORAGE - Samsung 970 Evo Plus and x6 Delta RGB Sata SSD 500GB's
GPU - Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Extreme
CASE - Corsair Obsidian 100D or Asus TUF Gaming GT501

Looks also matter as I always have people over at my house and like it to look professional and clean

Thanks in advance,
Fate05

Last edited by a moderator:

JJoner

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Do you really need the MEG Godlike? It's extremely expensive and that money is better spent upgrading to a 2080 ti or 9900k. Aorus master is a good RGB alternative. Also consider the Lian Li o11 dynamic instead of the 1000D, it looks professional and is much cheaper. Put the savings from the case into upgrading internals as well.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Do you really need the MEG Godlike? It's extremely expensive and that money is better spent upgrading to a 2080 ti or 9900k. Aorus master is a good RGB alternative. Also consider the Lian Li o11 dynamic instead of the 1000D, it looks professional and is much cheaper. Put the savings from the case into upgrading internals as well.

Hey man. I was considering the Aorus Master for ages but some people just said go with the Godlike and I was like ok then. I won't bother with the 9900k as I don't need hyperthreading. I was thinking about going down to the Aorus Master and getting a custom water loop for my CPU only. Do you know anything about watercooling? I am gonna stick with the Corsair Obsidian 1000D case though because I will eventually build a Mini-ITX system inside it to stream on. Oh and if water cooling isn't worth then I might consider going for the Aorus Master and a 2080ti instead of the MEG Godlike and 2080

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
I would agree on changing the motherboard, godlike is around 600$ that's pretty much a waste if you ask me.
There is a lot of motherboards out which is cheaper than the godlike but also is high quality.

JJoner

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Hey man. I was considering the Aorus Master for ages but some people just said go with the Godlike and I was like ok then. I won't bother with the 9900k as I don't need hyperthreading. I was thinking about going down to the Aorus Master and getting a custom water loop for my CPU only. Do you know anything about watercooling? I am gonna stick with the Corsair Obsidian 1000D case though because I will eventually build a Mini-ITX system inside it to stream on. Oh and if water cooling isn't worth then I might consider going for the Aorus Master and a 2080ti instead of the MEG Godlike and 2080
For a 9700k you dont need custom watercooling If you aren't going for high overclocks. If you go up to a 9900k and 2080 ti by saving money on your case and motherboard you not only simplify your setup but also save money by not having to build a mini itx computer because those parts will easily run anything while streaming.