Question Is this a good card for me?

Interesting find! I kinda like it. But.. your PSU is on the low-end of the quality spectrum; so I can't exactly recommend using that GPU with that PSU.

I would agree with an RX 570 or even a used RX 580 can be found around that same price (including shipping).

tom5577

Prominent
May 29, 2019
Interesting find! I kinda like it. But.. your PSU is on the low-end of the quality spectrum; so I can't exactly recommend using that GPU with that PSU.

I would agree with an RX 570 or even a used RX 580 can be found around that same price (including shipping).
Thanks for the reply mate. I was told on here that my mobo only supports 700 series GTX cards and 200 series amd cards. It seems like people either love or hate evga on here so i don't really know how to feel about running a higher drain card like this on it. I was thinking of usuing some kind of software to keep draw under a certain amount even though on PC partpicker and other calculaters a 550w psu is recommended. ANy thoughts? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply mate. I was told on here that my mobo only supports 700 series GTX cards and 200 series amd cards. It seems like people either love or hate evga on here so i don't really know how to feel about running a higher drain card like this on it. I was thinking of usuing some kind of software to keep draw under a certain amount even though on PC partpicker and other calculaters a 550w psu is recommended. ANy thoughts? Thanks!
EVGA has some great PSUs, but they also have some low-quality PSUs. The 600W units are low-quality. The Bronze-rated is slightly better than the White-rated unit, but the White-rated unit is very-low quality.

It would work but it's not exactly recommended. The GTX 780 uses about the same if not more power than a GTX 1080 Ti. Only difference is the GTX 780 (being used) costs a lot less and is less money down the drain if the PSU fails catastrophically.

tom5577

Prominent
May 29, 2019
EVGA has some great PSUs, but they also have some low-quality PSUs. The 600W units are low-quality. The Bronze-rated is slightly better than the White-rated unit, but the White-rated unit is very-low quality.

It would work but it's not exactly recommended. The GTX 780 uses about the same if not more power than a GTX 1080 Ti. Only difference is the GTX 780 (being used) costs a lot less and is less money down the drain if the PSU fails catastrophically.
Thanks for the info. Of all of the 700 series nvidia and 200 series amd, probably go with the 780 still though?

Odd. I haven't seen a bios only Haswell board for a while. In that case, yes the 780 is a good option.

I would get a better psu. The 80+ whites are not great quality. The bronze units arent that bad so I wouldnt feel the need to replace it.

If you have an 80+ white:
Look at this:https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kz7CmG/evga-power-supply-210gq0650

780 or 780ti is the best options in my mind.

Last edited:

tom5577

Prominent
May 29, 2019
Odd. I haven't seen a bios only Haswell board for a while. In that case, yes the 780 is a good option.

I would get a better psu. The 80+ whites are not great quality. The bronze units arent that bad so I wouldnt feel the need to replace it.

If you have an 80+ white:
Look at this:https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kz7CmG/evga-power-supply-210gq0650

780 or 780ti is the best options in my mind.
I just bought the psu for $20. Buying one that cost 3x that would cost more then the rest of my sysyem put together. Assuming I keep the psu, is there any software you can recommend to keep the wattage of the gpu from overdrawing? The board I have is an Intel h81 lenovo btw. Thanks!

I just bought the psu for $20. Buying one that cost 3x that would cost more then the rest of my sysyem put together. Assuming I keep the psu, is there any software you can recommend to keep the wattage of the gpu from overdrawing? The board I have is an Intel h81 lenovo btw. Thanks!
$20?... dang. Sounds like the 80+ White.

Since the entire system is so cheap, you wouldn't be losing much if the worst happened.