Is this a good card for the money?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

magnesium

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Alright everybody, after all the information and help y'all gave me I have ordered the GTS 250 card from EVGA: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130539 . It should be arriving at the middle-end of next week...I'll update once it is here and installed. $90 after rebate....not a bad price.

Hopefully it is a good performer for the money! The only thing I am a little worried about is the newegg page for it says the clock speed is 675, etc...lower than the speed listed on nVidia's site. So either they are typos, or I should be able to overclock it easily?

Timop, I know you were suggesting ATI, but I really just wanted to stick with nVidia. I've just always had better luck with nVidia than ATI when it comes to Linux support.

Thanks again for the guidance in picking this GPU!

magnesium

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
So my card came in yesterday.....talk about an improvement. It's amazing, I can play ME 2 with top settings and max resolution, and it is perfectly smooth! I guess that's what happens when you actually have a good GPU, lol. :lol: :sarcastic:

Thanks for everyone's help....I picked RazberyBandit's answer as best because he had the link to the card I ended up buying, but everyone's help was important. That's why I always come to TH for help!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS