Is this a good card?

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Hello, I am looking to upgrade my 650ti 1 GB and I am on a 200 dollar budget. And I can upon this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025

I want to play bf4 on high if not ultra settings, would this card handle it? I have a AMD FX 8350 8 core CPU and if this matters I have windows 8 because some people say it can raise the FPS by substantial amount. So would this card be the bang for my buck? Also, I do NOT like noisy types of fans in my case, would this be a noisy GPU? I am new to gaming on PC and just want to know. Please answer ASAP! Thanks

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Really? Where did you get it from? That would be great if I can get a better card for the same price!

I have the xfx I got it on sale but

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150590

its got a 30 dollar rebate i sent mine in and about 2 weeks after they are processing my rebate which could take a month or 2 yes I game BF4 BF3 TONS of steam games orgin and uplay also it has 4 free games to choose from. So far its been a awesome card it retired my older much loved 5870 which was a beast card

Solution

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Do you think the power color, the third link you sent me would be just about that same? I cannot go over 200 dollars and the power color is 194 after rebate which is perfect. But would it match with yours?
And do you know much about the power color? Thanks.

Ya it should be fine I have owned them before I took a chance on xfx cuz this is only the 2nd card I got from them the first one being DOA back in the day it was a nvidia 8800 card but I have owned alot of the spharphires and power color and they have been good his is another good card as well but yes for a few bucks more then the card you had you can have the 7950

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Wait, but is the powercolor a good card? I've never really heard that brand. Cause that card seems to be the best choice for the price and performance

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

And the power cooler doesn't have a reputation for temp. Or fan noise problems? Just wondering.

The higher end you go your going to hear some noise granted these cards are getting to the top tier so they have to be cooled radeons top cards are 7990 as of now so I am sure those will be louder the 7950 I have is no louder then the 2 front 120 mm fans of have in my cooler master haf case

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

It's ok, I already have the PC built just want a new card, but all I really want to know is about the power cooler, these are the two questions I have for it cause I am leaning towards it because of the price, ok, will it run bf4 on high if not ultra and does it make about of noise when the fans are going on it, and not while the PC Is just idling, while I am playing Bf4. Know what I mean?

I understand and please understand that at this point I cant tell you if it will run ultra on BF4 I am running high with mine which is the 7950 in question BF4 is still in beta so anything could change but at a 200 dollar budget it cant get any better then this unless someone mentions a nvidia card thats on the same level as the 7950 at the same cost noise should not be anymore then what a 120 mm fan will be I am sure any gpu card you ramp up IE playing a hard core game is going to turn the fan speeds up thats a given with out silent cooling add 50 to 100 to your purchase or a artic areo cooling system which is going be you disasemble your card and install it which means you need to buy thermal compund as well but as for the power color I wouldnt hesitate to buy to day if I had the 200 I would but I have xmas to get out of the way before I buy more toys like I said I am going to crossifre 2 of them either the xfx or another btand which ever is cost effective for me.

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Ok, thanks for the info! I'll look more into the powercolor, seems like to be the best card for the price.

Something to consider I am running my 7950 on this system
APU 5800 K QUAD CORE
8 GIG GSKILL RAM 1866
120 GIG KINGSTON SSD
1 TERRABYTE WESTERN DIG HARD DRIVE
2 TERRABYTE TOSHIBA HARD DRIVE
BIOSTAR HI MAX MOTHERBOARD
WIN 7 530 WATT RAID MAX POWER SUPPLY
your system since its 8 core compared to my 4 core system should run marvleous

heatsink 212 hyper plus cooler master in the haf case.

also can you pick the best solution for the advice which was given all of us at toms try to help folks with what we know makes us feel good when you pick us as best solutions I am sure you will enjoy the 7950 if you get one its a step above the 7870 you where looking at and have fun and enjoy.

Bryh456

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Ok, thanks! I am going to ask around here more about that powercolor, get some second opinions.