aleeismail

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Ok well, this is going to be my first build and I have done quite a research and finally decided following parts.

CPU; Core i5-2500k*
MOBO; AsRock xtreme 4 z77
PSU; CorsairGS 600W
RAM; Corsair Vengeance® — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit - CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9**
Casing; Thermaltake v4 black edition

* Core i5 3570k is available with only a slight price difference, I would like to know if I should go for 3570k rather 2450k.

** Another 8GB RAM module is available but its single channel i.e only memory stick and significantly cheaper to dual channel. I would also know whether ill be able to update my RAM in near future if I use single channel. (CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1600C9 - 8GB x 1). I have also read somewhere about the dimensions of these RAM's interfering with the CPU cooler.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you

hello
yes you will be able to upgrade the ram but only if you get the same ram stick which will be hard in future
i would go with 4gb x 2 so you can take advantage of dual memory controller with your cpu, im running at 8 gigs of ram too and i have never utilized all of it lol

InvalidError

Titan
dual-channel = twice the bandwidth and half the cache line fill latency (after the initial RAS/CAS latency) as single-channel so yes, dual-channel can be a fair bit better.

2x4GB (8GB kit) is much easier to find than a single 8GB DIMM and will cost roughly the same.