[SOLVED] Is this a good combination?

LewisMann

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
Hi, I would like to know if these parts would be best for me as I’m upgrading my system (cpu, ram and motherboard)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX @3000mhz

If you think I should choose another brand etc, please tell me what! thanks :)

Solution
I would buy the b450 gaming plus if its cheaper than the tomahawk. The B450 gaming plus offers decent quality, fine for that mid-range chip. The Ryzen 5 2600 with that ram and mobo is a great improvement to most older systems and offers great bang for the buck.

Centurion1479

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
at these levels unless youre doing serious overclocking theres no real difference between the boards they are only differently named because of very slightly different vrms and other peripheral support or quality of life options. Basically, get the cheaper one unless you plan on doing a lot of overclocking.

Reactions: LewisMann
I would buy the b450 gaming plus if its cheaper than the tomahawk. The B450 gaming plus offers decent quality, fine for that mid-range chip. The Ryzen 5 2600 with that ram and mobo is a great improvement to most older systems and offers great bang for the buck.

Reactions: LewisMann
Solution

LewisMann

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
at these levels unless youre doing serious overclocking theres no real difference between the boards they are only differently named because of very slightly different vrms and other peripheral support or quality of life options. Basically, get the cheaper one unless you plan on doing a lot of overclocking.
thanks