Is this a good combo?

Solution
I'd say wait until Ryzen and Vega are out, if they live up to expectations then Ryzen should be on par with Intels mid tier i5's/i7's and Vega should be fighting for the top spot against 1080's. All of this should drive down prices providing that AMD price their products competitively, its hard to tell what will happen until launch really.

Other than that the setup looks good, the only change i would make would be to save for a bit longer or swap to an air cooler and aim for an i5 7600 instead of the i3. The i3 can hold its own though if you are struggling for cash.
The 7350 + $100 water cooler does not really make it a very good buy. At that price point an i5 6700k + air cooler is cheaper and will perform better at multi-threaded tasks.
The only thing the i3 will be better at is single threaded applications that care more about clock speed.

As far as AMD RYZEN. It is still anyone's guess in regards to how well they stack up agianst Intel, and at what price point.
If you are in no immediate hurry then might as well wait and see (if nothing else it might drive intel costs down 3-5%), but I dont expect AMD to actually beat out intel at much of anything, not to mention that RYZEN is going to have as sluggish of upgrades as its predicesor the FX serries PileDriver chips have had.

SammChisnall

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012
I'd say wait until Ryzen and Vega are out, if they live up to expectations then Ryzen should be on par with Intels mid tier i5's/i7's and Vega should be fighting for the top spot against 1080's. All of this should drive down prices providing that AMD price their products competitively, its hard to tell what will happen until launch really.

Other than that the setup looks good, the only change i would make would be to save for a bit longer or swap to an air cooler and aim for an i5 7600 instead of the i3. The i3 can hold its own though if you are struggling for cash.

Solution