[SOLVED] Is this a good configuration for 800 euros ( in my country )?

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Hello!
I want to get a new PC mainly for game development. My budget is 800 euros and have chosen a configuration but want to make sure I won't waste my money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Thermal paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
GPU: Asus Dual Radeon RX 580 O4G
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4
RAM: 8GB DDR4 3000MHz Team T-Force Delta RGB White
HDD: 1TB 7200 rpm Western Digital Blue
SSD: 240GB M.2 2280 WD Green
Case: In Win 101 Black
PSU: Super Flower 80 Plus Bronze King ECO 600W
Additional fan: Cougar Vortex FB 120 red LED
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK

Is this configuration worth the money and is it going to be all good after at least 2 years?

Solution
Sure you can, scroll way down and below where it says "Thermal Grizzly/3yr warranty, Proven Tested", is where you can choose the options.

A 500gb 970 evo is +177. If you didn't notice, the one you linked does not have the 1tb HDD which is +93 . Perhaps you don't need the HDD with a 500GB SSD? (One can always be added later too. )

As for worth it? That is entirely up to you. but it will certainly be usable past 2 yrs. Too bad they don't offer better graphics card choices then the Rx580 & 590. :(

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Remove the Wd green ssd. it's a Sata drive in an M2 formfactor and a slow one at that.
Which etailer do you like to purchase from so we can see what is available where you are, and what is your budget for the SSD?
I am actually buying a full on ready config from https://desktop.bg
Link to the PC: https://desktop.bg/grigs-the_red_line-grigs_the_red_line_hero
That is why I can not change that so easily. If you want you can choose another configuration and send me its link. Just get a translator from Bulgarian to English. Also if you don't manage to find anything you can also go to
https://ardes.bg/configurator
With that link you can make a custom PC with the minus of getting any extras at all. (Mainly cables and that is why I would prefer to buy a ready rig)

popatim

Titan
Sure you can, scroll way down and below where it says "Thermal Grizzly/3yr warranty, Proven Tested", is where you can choose the options.

A 500gb 970 evo is +177. If you didn't notice, the one you linked does not have the 1tb HDD which is +93 . Perhaps you don't need the HDD with a 500GB SSD? (One can always be added later too. )

As for worth it? That is entirely up to you. but it will certainly be usable past 2 yrs. Too bad they don't offer better graphics card choices then the Rx580 & 590. :(

Solution

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019

That is actually a pretty good idea. I think I could try make a custom config through the configurator link I sent you. If you want you can make something too and send it to me.

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Everything else was fine. The Green is just not worth it. I wish they had another selection for you like a Small Mx500...
Ok I got this so I made a new config which is option 1. I feel like it is better. Now I'm wondering should I remove the current HDD and SSD and try to replace them with a Samsung 500GB SSD. Advantage is I go full SSD but disadvantage is that it won't be NVMe. Which option should I choose?
Config: https://ardes.bg/configurator?#20:1...:128645:1,24:120420:1,23:102089:1,135:87069:1

popatim

Titan
At your ~$190gbn price point for your current total storage, there really isn't anything that makes sense changing for (to me) until you reach the intel 660p 1TB for 269; especially when you consider the 500gb 970Evo is 238. 31gbn for an additional 500GB is hard not to look into... Not sure if you wanted to spend even more, that is totally up to you.

On the plus side, the Intel has 5yr warranty vs the Team's 3yr and Seagate's 2yr.