Question Is This A Good Custom Fan Curve For The RX 580X?

pcbroooski

Commendable
Dec 1, 2019
This is a fan curve I just created for my AMD Radeon RX 580X. It's noticeably louder, but I think I can get used to it.

Does this fan curve make sense? Am I doing it right? Also does Radeon software save this after every shutdown/restart?

Would appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks.

pcbroooski

Commendable
Dec 1, 2019
To be frank, it is quite louder, starting to hurt my ears, but it's likely because it was so silent before any fan curve adjustment.

Lafong

Respectable
Dec 2, 2021
There is no substitute for trial and error.

Run your PC through it's typical tasks for a few days, while monitoring temps from time to time. If not satisfied with temps, you have to alter the curves.

pcbroooski

Commendable
Dec 1, 2019
There is no substitute for trial and error.

Run your PC through it's typical tasks for a few days, while monitoring temps from time to time. If not satisfied with temps, you have to alter the curves.
The temps did get a noticeable amount lower, but it's too loud for my liking. I think I'm going to undervolt and maybe increase the fan speed just slightly.

Lafong

Respectable
Dec 2, 2021
Yeah, play around with it to your own satisfaction.....no one else can help you a lot since it is your ears, your workload, your ambient temperatures, your case, and your fans.

Some fans are a lot quieter than others...Noctuas for instance.....but they all tend to become audible to one extent or another above maybe 1000 rpm if you are within 3 or 4 feet.

Reactions: pcbroooski

ASK THE COMMUNITY