Question Is this a good firts gaming pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YT1

Sep 19, 2019
Intel Core i9-9820X
Nvidia RTX 2060 Super 8GB
MSI X299 SLI Plus
64GB RAM DDR4-2133
SSD 1000GB Samsung
Cooler Master MA410P

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If the application is pretty much gaming, then i'd go with a different chipset, and 64GB of RAM is probably 48GB more than you need. What main applications will you be using?

Also what is the PSU make and model?
What is your overall budget and location?

YT1

Sep 19, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If the application is pretty much gaming, then i'd go with a different chipset, and 64GB of RAM is probably 48GB more than you need. What main applications will you be using?

Also what is the PSU make and model?
What is your overall budget and location?
Hello,
i bought this pc a month ago on a gaming pc site in The Netherlands
they said the parts went together.
i paid around € 2900 for it and
i mainly wanne play DCS World on it
and the PSU is 850 watt cooler master V850 Gold

YT1

Sep 19, 2019
Its a nice build for some things, however specifically for gaming you massively overpaid and overbuilt things that don't help with Gaming. You could be gaming better for about 2/3 the price had it been specced for gaming better. Too late now.
How is it too late can i not change anything anymore?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
How is it too late can i not change anything anymore?

Its too late in that you bought it.

By changing youd need to sell 48gb of ram, and get a new motherboard and processor and GPU. Just the wrong platform for gaming TBH. If you can return the whole thing then sure, but if its a custom build I doubt that.

Just being honest. I'm sure it runs great and it will last you quite a while, but for gaming thats just not the right setup at all, and for less money you could have had better gaming performance.

Reactions: PC Tailor
The time to ask for advice is BEFORE you buy.
You asked for opinions, and I suspect you did not hear what you wanted.
Water under the dam unless you can return the bundle with out a penalty.
Games are mostly limited by the graphics card.
Go and play the games you want and see how you do.
The cpu and gpu are both reasonable for gaming.

Reactions: WildCard999

YT1

Sep 19, 2019
The time to ask for advice is BEFORE you buy.
You asked for opinions, and I suspect you did not hear what you wanted.
Water under the dam unless you can return the bundle with out a penalty.
Games are mostly limited by the graphics card.
Go and play the games you want and see how you do.
The cpu and gpu are both reasonable for gaming.
Ive asked for advice before my buy and people said it was good, i just found this site today and though i would see peoples advices here ,and games run good on ultra but if i can make it run even better im gonna change it in 2 months

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
There may be a misunderstanding. We're not saying it won't run games. It absolutely will.
The problem is you've massively overpaid and gotten MORE than you need and gotten a chipset and combination of parts that isn't overly built for gaming in mind.

Which is better than not having enough.

Don't worry about changing anything, it will last perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88

YT1

Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the information everyone, i contacted them again and asked for them to fix this, they r gonna sell some ram and put faster ram in and with the money left over of the ram they are gonna uprgade to watercooling

Instead of spending on water-cooling ask them if they are ready to swap the GPU to a better one or simply ask them to return the difference amount. At-least by doing that you can save few bucks. Spending that saved money on water-cooling at this point is not worth the expenditure as there will be no big performance gain and will be a waste.

Reactions: Rogue Leader
Status
Not open for further replies.