Is this a good gaming build?

Solution
copied your list here so it is easier to comment...

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sFnrhM
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sFnrhM/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($222.75 @ OutletPC)
-good choice. you can save a few bucks going non-k suffixed if you did NOT want to overclock, otherwise leave this.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
-unless you plan on rather serious overclocking you can get by on an air cooler like a hyper 212 evo or other cheaper product. (up to $55 savings)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Micro Center)
-for that price i'd go asus z97-a since asrock is a lower...
copied your list here so it is easier to comment...

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sFnrhM
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sFnrhM/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($222.75 @ OutletPC)
-good choice. you can save a few bucks going non-k suffixed if you did NOT want to overclock, otherwise leave this.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
-unless you plan on rather serious overclocking you can get by on an air cooler like a hyper 212 evo or other cheaper product. (up to $55 savings)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Micro Center)
-for that price i'd go asus z97-a since asrock is a lower quality brand. your choice. if you did not want to overclock at all then i'd go with a h97 board provided it had the features you wanted like SLI.
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
-this will work fine.
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($131.88 @ OutletPC)
-good choice. will not affect game FPS numbers but system speed will be increased and it provides lots of storage. if you dont need the space you can go 120 though for the price i think this is a good option.
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($71.98 @ OutletPC)
-this works. keep in mind that the 2tb drives often end up having more issues than the 1tb drives so you will want to keep a backup of your files on another source besides this drive.
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($329.00 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($329.00 @ NCIX US)
-good choice but unless you plan on multiscreen or 4k gaming this is completely overkill. if at 1080p a single card will work. remember these are also 3.5gb cards not 4gb. i suppose it may be of use if you are attempting to get 144fps on games at maximum quality on AAA titles but its quite an extra expense for just that.
Case: NZXT H440 (Blue/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ NZXT)
-remember this case has no dvd drive and can use no front panel devices. it supports 3x120 front or 2x140 front fans which honestly is not spectacular considering you can get cases with dvd drive support and the same 140mm fans (such as 750d, etcetera). otherwise, not a bad case.
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.99 @ SuperBiiz)
-very good, solid power supply albeit a bit pricey. the rosewill capstone 750 is also made by superflower (same company that makes the g2) but runs cheaper. available both modular and non.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.75 @ OutletPC)
-your choice here.
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
-choice between color accuracy+viewing angle or 144hz refresh rates and it seems like you went with the refresh rates. your choice and popular amongst gamers but IPS/PLS (note: not e-ips) panels offer better image quality but only 60hz refresh. personal choice here, pick what you like.
Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($112.99 @ Newegg)
-your choice. there are a few other options on the market you could also consider but pick what works best for you.
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
-your choice. had one, great button layout but thought the mouse was too narrow (deathadder fits me better) and i didnt like the scrollwheel (if you like hyperscrolling you will like it though).
Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel Headset ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
-seems like alot fo money spent for a computer and not so much spent on a headset. not sure if audio quality is important to you or not but it seems that this is more of an afterthought. i would not expect much for the price paid.
Total: $2169.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-08 19:07 EDT-0400

you could trim about $100 off the price rather easily, or about $150 if you were willing to go with a cheaper case. not including money you could save on peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset) as these are personal choices.

Solution