Is this a good gaming pc build?

shadoraf

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Im going to build my first gaming pc, and was wondering if this is a good pc for battlefield 4 and games like that.

Intel Haswell 4670K
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 DC2OC 2GB GDDR5
AsRock H87 Pro4
Kingston 8GB (2x4GB)HyperX Fury
Samsung SH-S224DB DVD±RW
Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower
Cooler Master 550W, G550M
Seagate 1TB Barracuda, 3.5", Sata3, 7200rpm, 64MB

Thanks for help!

enemy1g

Honorable
Suggest a better PSU, XFX, Corsair AX/HX/TX, Antec HCG, or SeaSonic. 550W should suffice for a single GPU system.

If you plan on overclocking, get a Z97 board instead. If not, get a H97 board and an i5-4690 instead (non k).

Would also suggest trying to fit a SSD in the build as well.

The PSU is not good at all, but the rest is fine. Other than the Seasonic-built "V" series and a few older high-end models, CM's PSUs range from "near-junk" to "mediocre at best." I would recommend an alternative of the same wattage, such as Seasonic (their own, XFX, some Antec), Delta (some Antec), or Super Flower (Rosewill Capstone).

My recommendations:
1. Change the PSU to something from XFX, Antec, Seasonic or Corsair (TX, HX, and AX series only). The one you have selected is not that great.
2. Either get a Z87 or Z97 motherboard and an aftermarket CPU cooler if you want to overclock or get a non-k CPU; The board can't be used for overclocking but the CPU can.

I completely agree with this. An SSD is nice, but not required, so if it make the build cost too much, no biggie, leave it out.

shadoraf

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
How about this?

Intel Haswell i5-4670K
AsRock Z87 PRO3, LGA1150, Intel Z87, DDR3, ATX
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 DC2OC 2GB GDDR5
Kingston 8GB (2x4GB)HyperX Fury
XFX 550W XTR Black edition
Sandisk 64GB III SSD, 2.5", MLC, SATA, 490/240 MB/s
Samsung SH-S224DB DVD±RW
Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower
Seagate 1TB Barracuda, 3.5", Sata3, 7200rpm, 64MB

Looks good to me. Be aware that a 64GB SSD will not be enough for more than a few games and Windows, nothing like BF4.

shadoraf

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Is there anyway i could get the price little lower than now (900€ in Finland),without removing any parts and still get the same performance? For example changing the cpu to an amd cpu etc? And i am going to overclock in the future.

You could forgo the SSD for now to get the price down, but plan to add it later. Partition your drive into a 120GB partition for Windows, then everything else. When the time comes, get a 120GB SSD and clone your windows partition to it.

TRENDING THREADS