Question Is this a good gaming pc?

Apr 1, 2019
CPU- I7 7700
Mobbo- Gigabyte aorus z270x gaming 9 (got it for free brand new)
GPU- RX Vega 64
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master 212 evo black edition RGB
PSU- Corsair RM750x
Case- Thermaltake level 20 MT RTGB
Ram- G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4-3000
HDD- 2TB
SSD- 480 GB

Do you guys think this system will be good?
I know your thinking the motherboard is overkill ($700) but i got it for free because the people who built my pc stuffed up and fried my motherboard and ram.

I guess it depends what you mean by 'good'?

Will it game well? Yes. There's no game out there currently that a rig like that can't handle (although that does depend on settings, I'd say that setup is ideal for 1440p gaming).

Is this something you are planning on building now? If yes maybe try and get the 7700k instead of standard as you can really push the speed of those up with good motherboard, cooling and psu (which you have).

Apr 12, 2019
listen the build is actually really good and man are you lucky to get that mobo for free :)

but I wont recommend the rx vega 64 simply becuase its really power hungry and its a bit old for the same price of a vega 64 I would recommend going with for faster memory a slight better performance but most importantly ray tracing I know I know the games that have ray tracing arent alot at all BUT all newer games willl have it from the very beginning of the game + all known games right now are putting their effort into adding ray tracing and seriously why not have these extra stuff on your graphics card for the same price
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4029vs3933

Apr 1, 2019
I have done a few post on this today but have changed my mind on the gpu. I want a rtx 2080 instead of a rx vega 64. But am worried the rtx 2080 will bottleneck a i7 7700 (using from previous build). All my other specs are for sure really good.

Actually I think you have it backwards....even though I don't care for the term "bottleneck".

I think the CPU will most likely hold up the 2080....not the other way around.

...but here's the thing.....it will work.....but you might not get the max out of the 2080.

If you're OK with that then get it and get a faster CPU down the road.

Otherwise....if you want to use the full GPU with that CPU....I'd stick with a 2070 or less....and a 2070 might be pushing it a little.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
And don't forget that is base settings, so with gpu overclock you can erase the -17fps.

According to the links you posted, the CPU would bottleneck the GPU, so OCing the GPU wouldn't improve FPS as the CPU would still be holding it back (if the cpu actually did hold it back, which, in most games, I wouldn't expect).

Thanks for reminding me. Yes, I saw that. Those bottleneck calculators shouldn't be treated as gospel, you know.

I have done a few post on this today but have changed my mind on the gpu. I want a rtx 2080 instead of a rx vega 64. But am worried the rtx 2080 will bottleneck a i7 7700 (using from previous build). All my other specs are for sure really good.

You shouldn't experience many issues with this setup, and your CPU definitely won't be bottlenecked by the 2080.

Apr 1, 2019
I know I won't be maxing out the 2080. But in the future I can upgrade to a better cpu and know I have a solid graphics card. Just saying it's going to be hard to let go of the current motherboard I have. Gigabyte aorus z270x gaming 9 (got it for free).

Apr 1, 2019
Hello, I was just wondering if this is a balanced system?
CPU- I7 7700
Mobbo- Gigabyte aorus z270x gaming 9
GPU- Nvidia RTX 2080 founders
Case- thermaltake level 20 MT ARGB
PSU- Corsair RM750x
Ram- G.skill ripjaws 2x8 3000MHz
CPU Cooler- Coolermaster 212 evo black edition rgb.

pivodrums

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
Hello, I was just wondering if this is a balanced system?
CPU- I7 7700
Mobbo- Gigabyte aorus z270x gaming 9
GPU- Nvidia RTX 2080 founders
Case- thermaltake level 20 MT ARGB
PSU- Corsair RM750x
Ram- G.skill ripjaws 2x8 3000MHz
CPU Cooler- Coolermaster 212 evo black edition rgb.

it's ok but you are buying 2 years old cpu and mobo.
if you buy 8th gen. Intel you are already jumping from 4core/8thread to 6core/12thread so quite an improvement.