Is this a good gaming setup? New to PC building and need advice!

Aug 1, 2018
I’m pretty new to PC building so I need any advice I can get. I’m mainly going to be using it as a gaming PC. Here are the parts I have picked out:
CPU: i5 8600k
GPU: GeForce gtx 1060 6gb
MOBO: gigabyte z370p d3
PSU: evga 650w GQ
Ram: ballistix sport ddr4 16gb
Case: nzxt s340 elite
Storage: adata 128gb ssd, seagate 2tb sshd
CPU cooler: DeepCool Neptwin V2 air cooler
Monitor: Acer gaming monitor 24” 144hz 1920 x 1080 AMD freesync technology
Fans: Arctic standard case fans (3) 140 mm, (1) 120 mm
Keyboard: Logitech G Pro mechanical
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Headset: Logitech G533 wireless gaming headset

How does it look? I also can’t decide between the 1060 6gb or a 1070 SC. Will it make a difference if I upgrade to the 1070? A necessary difference? Do y’all have any experience with any of these products? I’ll take all the advice I can get!

Solution
it looks good to me. can I have one? lol, enjoy it. the 1070 is a good idea, your CPU should be able to be happy with it and not bottleneck but the 1060 is still a great choice

my advice is this. Get the BEST performing, quality parts you can afford. That way you won't be upgrading so often. then you can spend more time gaming and less time tweaking on a machine... lol

so if you can afford the 1070, I would do it. more room to grow (or less upgrading needed as more modern games come out). and if you end up needing a new cpu down the road, you can do that too.

you have an M.2 slot, I would fill that baby if you can with an M.2 SSD and boot and run from that. FASTER than SATA...
it looks good to me. can I have one? lol, enjoy it. the 1070 is a good idea, your CPU should be able to be happy with it and not bottleneck but the 1060 is still a great choice

my advice is this. Get the BEST performing, quality parts you can afford. That way you won't be upgrading so often. then you can spend more time gaming and less time tweaking on a machine... lol

so if you can afford the 1070, I would do it. more room to grow (or less upgrading needed as more modern games come out). and if you end up needing a new cpu down the road, you can do that too.

you have an M.2 slot, I would fill that baby if you can with an M.2 SSD and boot and run from that. FASTER than SATA
https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/358910/the-best-m-2-solid-state-drives

here is an ADATA M.2 3D Nand SSD Gen3x for 145
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y33KQG9/ref=dp_prsubs_1

Solution