[SOLVED] Is this a good GPU/build to play Cyberpunk and modern games in 2k/4k?

Solution
I understand the CPU is a year old, but if I wanted the latest CPU I'd have to pay at least $200 more for the 10 series. No matter what I buy it will always be outperformed in a few months. I'm not sure the PSU though.
It’s up to you but you don’t need an i9 cpu from the current generation. The i7 and Ryzen options will also perform better. Nothing wrong with the 9900kf, still a great cpu. It just seems going new is not that much more and gives a full warranty on all components. For secondhand I’d want at least 1/3 off what I can build a current equivalent or better system for.
Seems expensive for 2nd hand with no warranty. That i9 is outperformed by the latest i7 or 5800x. I’d also want to know what exact psu it has, Thermaltake sell some rubbish and also some good units.

As for the 2080Ti and Cyberpunk you can lookup benchmarks for different resolutions and settings.

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
At what framerates?
I want to play games like Tomb Raider reboots, Overwatch, Resident Evil Remake, Sqaud, COD, Cyberpunk, Battlefront 2, I'd like to play the FPS games at 120FPS at 1440p and the story driven games at least 70-80fps at that resolution. I have a 4k monitor too so that would be nice at 60.

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Seems expensive for 2nd hand with no warranty. That i9 is outperformed by the latest i7 or 5800x. I’d also want to know what exact psu it has, Thermaltake sell some rubbish and also some good units.

As for the 2080Ti and Cyberpunk you can lookup benchmarks for different resolutions and settings.
I understand the CPU is a year old, but if I wanted the latest CPU I'd have to pay at least $200 more for the 10 series. No matter what I buy it will always be outperformed in a few months. I'm not sure the PSU though.

It’s up to you but you don’t need an i9 cpu from the current generation. The i7 and Ryzen options will also perform better. Nothing wrong with the 9900kf, still a great cpu. It just seems going new is not that much more and gives a full warranty on all components. For secondhand I’d want at least 1/3 off what I can build a current equivalent or better system for.

Solution

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
My current PC is
Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z170
i7-6700K
16GB 3400mhz ddr4 trident Z
Kraken X31 Closed Loop Cooler
Samsung 950 M.2
EVGA RTX 2080 Super
Alienware 3440x1440 ultrawide

The game auto set everything to ultra or1 below. The game runs fine. I will report back the FPS later today.

Last edited:

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Just for reference, I'm coming off a
i7-4790k
1080ti
DDR3 32g Ram
Gigabyte MB
Windows 7- Yes you heard that right!
Build.

So this would be like a crazy leap for me.

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I hear you, I'm not a PC wiz. I don't really have the confidence in doing it myself. So I was looking for a build. (not Walmart) a real gamer/pc person. The guy I'm buying from seems like an older, established gentleman. So I trust the components are on the up and up.

It's a risk. No doubt though. I guess I'm paying for the convenience. And the hope that something so expensive would be treated with some respect by the OG owner.

I hear you, I'm not a PC wiz. I don't really have the confidence in doing it myself. So I was looking for a build. (not Walmart) a real gamer/pc person. The guy I'm buying from seems like an older, established gentleman. So I trust the components are on the up and up.

It's a risk. No doubt though. I guess I'm paying for the convenience. And the hope that something so expensive would be treated with some respect by the OG owner.
It looks a good set of parts although finding out the exact psu is important. Ultimately with secondhand it is worth what you are willing to pay. As I would just build myself I am not putting any value into the fact it is pre built and just looking at a list of parts. That system would allow your 2080Ti and better cards to reach their full potential. Just don’t risk a high end gpu on a low to mediocre quality psu.