Is this a good graphic card performance to price ratio?

Solution
PROS and CONS to both:

The GTX660 is slightly better currently, but MANTLE for the HD7850 will improve performance in newer games that support Mantle. BF4 is getting an update which promises "up to 45% improvement" though we have no details on what "up to" means until it's out. 30% average?

If current and older games are your focus, the GTX660 is probably best. Considering that many people get Steam sales of old games that might be better for you.

HD7850:
- supports MANTLE
- almost as good as the GTX660

GTX660:
- PhysX
- Shadowplay (hardware game recording at 1080p 60Hz)
- G-Sync (new monitor required)

It seems the GTX660 is roughly 15% faster on average but I can't find a fair comparison of these two cards. Only THIS ONE, and I'm...
PROS and CONS to both:

The GTX660 is slightly better currently, but MANTLE for the HD7850 will improve performance in newer games that support Mantle. BF4 is getting an update which promises "up to 45% improvement" though we have no details on what "up to" means until it's out. 30% average?

If current and older games are your focus, the GTX660 is probably best. Considering that many people get Steam sales of old games that might be better for you.

HD7850:
- supports MANTLE
- almost as good as the GTX660

GTX660:
- PhysX
- Shadowplay (hardware game recording at 1080p 60Hz)
- G-Sync (new monitor required)

It seems the GTX660 is roughly 15% faster on average but I can't find a fair comparison of these two cards. Only THIS ONE, and I'm not sure how that XFX HD7850 compares to the Asus: http://www.maximumpc.com/gigabyte_gtx_660_oc_version_review

Solution

aizuddin1710

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

I'm not that much of a FPS gamer. I'm looking forward for GTA V PC release and couple more casual games in the future. I mostly will be playing sports games, do some streaming and youtube so I hope my new i5 4570 would do the job along with GTX660.

Airm3n

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

I have the Asus 7950 directcu and its a nice solid quiet card.

TRENDING THREADS