Ram- Crucial - 1x16gb ddr4 2400mhz
PSU- thermaltake litepower series ltp-650al2nk

New parts
Motherboard- Asus PRIME Z390-A
CPU- Intel core i7 9700k
Ram- G-skill Trident Z 2x8 ddr4 3200mhz
PSU- EVGA SuperNova G3 Modular 750w PSU

Do you guys think i should change to these specs
Im thinking of getting a rtx 2080 ot 2080 ti in the next couple of months. Do you guys think the new parts would make a major difference on the pc and pc wont bottleneck?

Solution
Feb 2, 2019

Yea most people say this but a few months back my motherboard fried a bit but still works. 3 of my ram slots don't work that's why I use 1x16 stick. I just don't want to have a burnt motherboard. But i think the smart thing is to upgrade to a 8th or 9thgen motherboard. I heard the i7 7700k is not the best for a rtx 2080. If the cpu is not going to show a difference when gaming what cpu should i upgrade to? Remember i did say i will be saving up for the rtx 2080 in the next couple of months. So it ends up probably working out better if i get this stuff first right?

I agree that the CPU and RAM upgrade won't offer a justifiable return on the investment. BUT you then told us this table is literally on its last leg so an upgrade would certainly be a smart move. Performance wise it won't be but it does offer piece of mind. The answer for the GPU upgrade depends on what's in there right now.

Solution

Also, if you plan to sell off the 7700k, wat kinda return you are getting on it.