Question Is this a good idea?

Sep 1, 2019
I want to buy nh d15s for corsair icue 220t rgb case. The maximum cpu cooler height is 160mm and the nh d15s is 160mm tall. Will it fit because I do some research and found that there might still be more room than the stated max. height of the case.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I believe it would be safe to assume no. The top of the cooler(the tips of the copper pipes) will be making contact with the side panel, and it may not be able to close fully without forcing it(don't, you'll stress the mobo).
If the cooler were 159mm instead, I'd give you the go ahead.
Plus, there's also the matter of the ram you choose IF you were to add a second fan to this cooler. The large heatsink models would increase total cooler height.

Sep 1, 2019
I believe it would be safe to assume no. The top of the cooler(the tips of the copper pipes) will be making contact with the side panel, and it may not be able to close fully without forcing it(don't, you'll stress the mobo).
If the cooler were 159mm instead, I'd give you the go ahead.
Plus, there's also the matter of the ram you choose IF you were to add a second fan to this cooler. The large heatsink models would increase total cooler height.
Thank you.