[SOLVED] Is this a good ITX build?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

So right now I have a full sized ATX Rog STRIX B450-F from ASUS. It's great but my parents are divorced so every single week I have to bring my pc with me. So what I want to do is when the next gen ryzen cpu's come out, I will have to buy a new motherboard. So I want to build a mini-itx pc. I have a big GPU, it is 310mm long so I dont have that much mini-itx options. But this case looked pretty nice to me. (CASE). I have 3 corsair LL120 fans that I can use for this build. I will take them from my current case and put them in there with the I think 200mm fan at the front. I paid 70 dollars with discount for those fans so I expect them to be high quality and good performers. And for CPU cooling I want to get this cooler (COOLER). I've heard good stuff about that cooler. The case has room for pretty much all air coolers which is pretty impressive for an ITX case so if another cooler would be a better option, feel free to let me know.
I'm not an expert on airflow so I dont know if this would be good or not. Please leave your suggestions :)

Thanks!

Solution
It is a nice case, but all-in-all very big for an itx-rig. Nothing I would consider a "portable" setup. As you already mentioned you are severely restricted by your big gpu in your choice of case.

I was in fact searching for another Sliger case, the SM580, when I found this interesting chassis.

States to fit 3 slot gpus with up to 324 in length. Also take a look at some other cases on their site.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
It is a nice case, but all-in-all very big for an itx-rig. Nothing I would consider a "portable" setup. As you already mentioned you are severely restricted by your big gpu in your choice of case.

I was in fact searching for another Sliger case, the SM580, when I found this interesting chassis.

States to fit 3 slot gpus with up to 324 in length. Also take a look at some other cases on their site.

Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019

Driving from my mom's house to my dad's only takes 2 minutes so it does not have to be that small. The problem is, my mom can barely lift my PC because of the big case I have now and all other big parts in my pc. I just wanted to know if this build would be good enough so that my PC does not cook inside or something. Also the Sliger case's are a bit too expensive for me, I really dont want to pay that much for a case. And I dont know if they ship to my country (Belgium)

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Driving from my mom's house to my dad's only takes 2 minutes so it does not have to be that small. The problem is, my mom can barely lift my PC because of the big case I have now and all other big parts in my pc. I just wanted to know if this build would be good enough so that my PC does not cook inside or something. Also the Sliger case's are a bit too expensive for me, I really dont want to pay that much for a case. And I dont know if they ship to my country (Belgium)
The case you chose will be a good fit and seems to be ventilated ok. Dont know how much the closed off front chokes airflow.

If you are moving the tower a lot this could be one of the rare cases when an AIO could be beneficial, because it does not hang 800-1000g of cooler on your motherboard. If you load and unload that machine a heavy air cooler could apply a lot of flex to the mobo.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
The case you chose will be a good fit and seems to be ventilated ok. Dont know how much the closed off front chokes airflow.

If you are moving the tower a lot this could be one of the rare cases when an AIO could be beneficial, because it does not hang 800-1000g of cooler on your motherboard. If you load and unload that machine a heavy air cooler could apply a lot of flex to the mobo.
Yeah I've also thought of that but i'm afraid that if I use an AOI the water will leak by moving it arround too much.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Yeah I've also thought of that but i'm afraid that if I use an AOI the water will leak by moving it arround too much.
If it leaks from moving it arround there got to be something wrong with it :)
I think AIOs can be considered safe these days, but it is absolutely understandable if one does not want an AIO. I am not a big fan myself, but that "moving regularly" -part got me thinking.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
What AOI would you recommend? I've never used an AOI in my life. I want RGB on it and is it possible to put my corsair LL120's on the radiator? Or do I have to use those that come with the AOI?

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
If you like the look of corsairs offerings you can go with one of their AIOs. The best performing and cheaper option for your case would be the Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 280 since you can put a 280 up top according to the manual. No RGB on Arctic products though.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
If you like the look of corsairs offerings you can go with one of their AIOs. The best performing and cheaper option for your case would be the Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 280 since you can put a 280 up top according to the manual. No RGB on Arctic products though.
I still think I'm going with the MA620M, I dont think it's gonna bend the motherboard that easy because mini itx is more like a square instead of a rectangular shape that ATX has. I really appreciate your help :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Good luck with the build, I've been waiting over a month to try and get an X570-I motherboard. Amazon has a couple listed at almost $900 after shipping. Or spend $500 on ebay to get one shipped from Japan. If it wasn't for the fact I already have everything else setup for an amd loop, I'd have given serious consideration to jumping ship and going back to Intel.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Good luck with the build, I've been waiting over a month to try and get an X570-I motherboard. Amazon has a couple listed at almost $900 after shipping. Or spend $500 on ebay to get one shipped from Japan. If it wasn't for the fact I already have everything else setup for an amd loop, I'd have given serious consideration to jumping ship and going back to Intel.
It's a good looking case, but it's 130 euro's in my country. That's 50 euros more expensive than the phanteks one

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Heh, yeah. That's the funny thing about itx, the smaller it is, the more expensive it is, even proportionately. My case was $210, the mobo $300. Move up to atx and that's @ $50 and $80...
Yeah it is a bit dissapointing that the mobo's are so expensive. I just heard that AMD decided to make their new CPU's work on X470, X570 and B450M. I might be able to buy a mobo for a cheaper price at that time. I hope the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI will get cheaper at that time.