[SOLVED] Is this a good mid-range computer build, and what would be a good mid-range Nvidia GPU?

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Thermaltake V200 cabinet, Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MOBO, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB DRAM 3200MHZ and Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ PSU.
I would also be using Windows 10 Pro I have several SSD's I would be using too.

Solution
Depends on a gpu you purchase but you could take the ram difference and put it to the psu like a 650w for better power requirements.

Good choice on the ram adding another Unmatched set even though it may be the same brand /spec they would be Unmatched and could lead to big headaches.
If all you are going to do is game 16gb is more then enough.
But if doing things that require more ram like video rendering then ya 32gb.
Be sure to check the Qvl for the ram.
May 28, 2020
You haven't specified your budget but looking at your other components I would suggest you either buy the RTX 2060 or the RX 5600 XT Both are good but it has been seen that the RX 5600 XT sometimes outperforms the RTX 2060. If you could shell out a little more money you could even buy the RTX 2060 Super Which is a lot better !!!

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Right now I'm around 700 with the components I listed I don't have a budget set in stone I'm trying to keep it under 1000 though. With this setup and the GPU your suggesting would I get 4K or something close to it. I don't want to put all tha money into this project then find out I could have bought a prebuilt for less. This is my first build starting from scratch I usually get a prebuilt and upgrade it but I think I'm ready to take the next step.

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
I have 32gb of ram in my computer now so the answer is honestly this stupid if 32 is good 64 would be better. I like that I don't have any issues with the 32 it's 164.99 for 16 on Amazon for 32. I'm seeing your point though I guess I'll cut it back to 32 and spend the extra on the GPU. Is the rest of the build sound though?

Depends on a gpu you purchase but you could take the ram difference and put it to the psu like a 650w for better power requirements.

Good choice on the ram adding another Unmatched set even though it may be the same brand /spec they would be Unmatched and could lead to big headaches.
If all you are going to do is game 16gb is more then enough.
But if doing things that require more ram like video rendering then ya 32gb.
Be sure to check the Qvl for the ram.

Solution
If you only plan to game then you probably wont need more than 16GB RAM I'll just leave that here but if you multitask a lot or use editing software then sure get 32/64
It's easy to just buy more ram later than to upgrade your GPU later. If I were you I'd settle with 16 and put all the money into better CPU/GPU

May 28, 2020
You haven't specified your budget but looking at your other components I would suggest you either buy the RTX 2060 or the RX 5
Right now I'm around 700 with the components I listed I don't have a budget set in stone I'm trying to keep it under 1000 though. With this setup and the GPU your suggesting would I get 4K or something close to it. I don't want to put all tha money into this project then find out I could have bought a prebuilt for less. This is my first build starting from scratch I usually get a prebuilt and upgrade it but I think I'm ready to take the next step.
You can cut back on the RAM cause 32 GB is more than enough and use it only on the GPU and PSU cause you have a very good CPU and motherboard and everything else is good. If you get the GPU I suggested you can get Future proved and play High End AAA titles like Cyberpunk 2077 !!!